8 Man Football

highschoolfbfan777

I know there's not a huge following of 8 man football here but this is the Tennessee High School Football website so i wondered why TSD & other 8 man wasn't covered here scores or topic wise? Some teams have come & gone but there are still quite a few going.I like it it's a bit different but with numbers low it's gaining popularity a bit

4 hours ago, CYJACKETT said:

I can see a lot of single A teams going to 8 man football in the future. There is way to many single A schools in Tennessee playing with rosters with 11-18 kids with a 10 game schedule and they just cant compete anymore. 

Exactly, its only a matter of time. Forget competing, some can't even survive the season and it's going to keep happening more and more. We've almost doubled our number of teams in Missouri in the last five years.

On 10/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, vandyfan13 said:

Exactly, its only a matter of time. Forget competing, some can't even survive the season and it's going to keep happening more and more. We've almost doubled our number of teams in Missouri in the last five years.

LC has won a couple state titles with about 23 players give or take.I don't think I'd pay to watch 3 on 3 basketball or 8 man football.Id rather just do away with the program

Edited by mrbigster

On 9/29/2023 at 7:21 PM, mrbigster said:

I hope it never catches on

On 10/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, orngnblk said:

Me too.

10 hours ago, shockernation said:

I’m with ya biggy

Add me to the list. Too much of the fundamental game is eliminated...I went to one 7 on 7 "scrimmage", said that I'd never be back, and haven't yet. 3 on 3 basketball has all the elements of the game...8 man football not so much.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Add me to the list. Too much of the fundamental game is eliminated...I went to one 7 on 7 "scrimmage", said that I'd never be back, and haven't yet. 3 on 3 basketball has all the elements of the game...8 man football not so much.

8 man football and 7on7 are completely different. I still teach the fundamentals of blocking, tackling, LB reads, DL hands and feet, OL steps and feet, option reads, QB footwork, etc. the exact same as I did with 11 man.

3 minutes ago, vandyfan13 said:

8 man football and 7on7 are completely different. I still teach the fundamentals of blocking, tackling, LB reads, DL hands and feet, OL steps and feet, option reads, QB footwork, etc. the exact same as I did with 11 man.

Yes different, but 8 man is also different...not going to campaign against anyone fielding an 8 man team, I'm just not interested in "my" team ever going there. Just for reference, "my" school has had a team for barely over 10 years and had 20 or so kids for a while...they played a JV schedule for two of those years without a home field and a few more years without lights or bleachers. We had to "prove" that we could sustain a program to get one, so I get the argument for small teams but I'd personally say 11 on the field or bust.

• Like 1