South Pittsburg vs Chattanooga prep. Will the Pirates keep rolling?

Geno

On 10/8/2023 at 4:43 PM, Southtowner said:

@Geno,  when you create a website you have to tend to it. 

Like a garden.

Till it,  plant something,  check on it.  Weed it.   Cultivate it.  Grow something.  

Don't abandon & let cobwebs grow.  Weeds take over.  

Go Pirates!!

Been so busy im

lucky to remember being here

It doesn’t matter who the opponent is the next several weeks. It’s a “you take care of you” mentality. Set goals in games like this to see where you really measure up. Can we hold team A under 150 total yards? Can we have 0 turnovers? Can we throw for 200? Rush for 200? Can we commit less than 4 penalties the whole game? Can we make every xp? Etc…Competition, especially within a team, breeds excellence.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rlh said:

Being able to look at the highlights  from the MTCS game, Wellington reminds me of a couple of single wing players rolled into 1.  He throws like Mark Allison and hard to sack like Mark and punts like Mark.  He runs like Carl Lehr. 

Mark was a better Punter for sure. But Wellington runs head down for sure. South Pittsburg has had some great Punters that never get talked about

6 hours ago, Geno said:

Mark was a better Punter for sure. But Wellington runs head down for sure. South Pittsburg has had some great Punters that never get talked about

Blast from the past…..Red Baron who punted for Tech and played for the pirates in early 60’s would be at the top in my book. Bobby Joe Ford had a punt  of 74 yds at Bledsoe that went in the end zone or it would have been more. He could have punted for anyone! 
They both were also punting the old heavy rubber ball the SP used. It was heavier than the leather ball. 

Edited by team69

15 hours ago, rlh said:

Being able to look at the highlights  from the MTCS game, Wellington reminds me of a couple of single wing players rolled into 1.  He throws like Mark Allison and hard to sack like Mark and punts like Mark.  He runs like Carl Lehr. 

The QB at MoCo, Dawson White,  reminds me a whole lot of Mark Allison.  The Fran Tarkenton elusiveness.  

Mark competed in the Punt, Pass & Kick competition.  Remember that?  

4 hours ago, team69 said:

Blast from the past…..Red Baron who punted for Tech and played for the pirates in early 60’s would be at the top in my book. Bobby Joe Ford had a punt  of 74 yds at Bledsoe that went in the end zone or it would have been more. He could have punted for anyone! 
They both were also punting the old heavy rubber ball the SP used. It was heavier than the leather ball. 

Don Grider had an issue with kickers getting to play with the good balls. Punts, kickoffs and extras points all got the balls that had knots, laces that were coming out, or warped spots.

I'm surprised anyone ever made an extra point.

5 hours ago, team69 said:

I think the Elledge boy had a 69 yard punt mid 80s?