Franklin coach dismissed. Unbelievable!!

runtheball

17 minutes ago, runtheball said:

Talent trumps coaching everyday at every level of play

I think the coach should have been able to finish out the season but your statement above is not true.  I've seen better coached teams beat more talented teams a ton, Maryville being a great example over the years

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

and you've never seen the less talented team win?

very very seldom. look at the teams records of franklins opponents They played well at time but not good enough to beat the teams they have played. Summit was the most equal game they played. Summit was in finals for 2 straight years. Did their coach forget how to coach all of a sudden.

• Like 1

He took over a program that made the playoffs in the seasons of 2018-2020, even made the quarterfinals in 2020. Franklin wasn't dominating during that three year stretch. They were only a .500 ish team. With that being said, they made the playoffs.

He must not be a good coach because their offense took the biggest hit. During his tenure, the most amount of points they have scored during a game was 28. 

In 2021, the only scored 14+ points just three games. In 2022, the offense improved, but they only hit 20 points in a game just twice. 

If there is a time to do it, now would be the time to do it. The "interim" has three games against basically two undefeated teams in Ravenwood and Mount Juliet. However, they do have a game against John Overton which is a winnable game. Give this interim three games in a four week stretch to prove what he can do, just hope the players haven't quit and mailed in the season. 

For the administration staff, they can sit there and get a four week head start to look at applicants and may "scout" a little. I hate that it happened, but I don't blame Franklin. Why hold on when you have the time to cut bait now.

Just the fact that he's coached 27 games and scored 25+ points just one game is crazy to think about.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He took over a program that made the playoffs in the seasons of 2018-2020, even made the quarterfinals in 2020. Franklin wasn't dominating during that three year stretch. They were only a .500 ish team. With that being said, they made the playoffs.

He must not be a good coach because their offense took the biggest hit. During his tenure, the most amount of points they have scored during a game was 28. 

In 2021, the only scored 14+ points just three games. In 2022, the offense improved, but they only hit 20 points in a game just twice. 

If there is a time to do it, now would be the time to do it. The "interim" has three games against basically two undefeated teams in Ravenwood and Mount Juliet. However, they do have a game against John Overton which is a winnable game. Give this interim three games in a four week stretch to prove what he can do, just hope the players haven't quit and mailed in the season. 

For the administration staff, they can sit there and get a four week head start to look at applicants and may "scout" a little. I hate that it happened, but I don't blame Franklin. Why hold on when you have the time to cut bait now.

Just the fact that he's coached 27 games and scored 25+ points just one game is crazy to think about.

The "interim" is the old head coach. He has nothing to prove.