Carter County Week 9

7 minutes ago, BigDogDaddy1971 said:

Try Mitchell or Mountain Heritage on for size

He didn’t say anything negative about those schools or NC football. Cloudland has played Mitchell before and killed them. Mitchell has killed Cloudland before. I can remember when those schools weren’t to good at football. Both have great coaches now.

Edited by Appvol

16 hours ago, Appvol said:

He didn’t say anything negative about those schools or NC football. Cloudland has played Mitchell before and killed them. Mitchell has killed Cloudland before. I can remember when those schools weren’t to good at football. Both have great coaches now.

Watched the game and if Cloudland would have played a fairly clean game, they would have been right in it. They make away to many mistakes and fumble so much, makes it hard to win against an even opponent.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, pujo said:

Watched the game and if Cloudland would have played a fairly clean game, they would have been right in it. They make away to many mistakes and fumble so much, makes it hard to win against an even opponent.

Yeah,  we made a lot more mistakes than jellico and still managed to win that one convincingly.  I think alot of the fumbles is because they don't have enough to live scrimmage in practice.  I'm sure they've worked on it but it's getting late and those mistakes will put you on the hardwood early

On 10/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, creekerballer said:

The sophomore QB who stepped in has done well. Repass is back but has moved to WR. Not heard anything about the running back that got hurt before the season. If he gets back and up to speed though he’s a weapon. Dropping that one at NG last week hurt. 

Unaka used to be a tough team for anyone in the State before coach Goddard left for Elizabethton. I don’t understand how Cloudland is constantly good every season but the Rangers can’t ever seem to be consistently competitive. Those boys off Stoney Creek used to be some of the toughest kids in Carter Co. 

10 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Unaka used to be a tough team for anyone in the State before coach Goddard left for Elizabethton. I don’t understand how Cloudland is constantly good every season but the Rangers can’t ever seem to be consistently competitive. Those boys off Stoney Creek used to be some of the toughest kids in Carter Co. 

Good question . I've got an opinion on this. Unaka geographically is a lot closer to Elizabethton than Cloudland. It's just my opinion but I'll bet Elizabethton gets a lot more Unaka athletes then Cloudland athletes over the years. I know Elizabethton got the Russell kids from Cloudland but that's about it over the years that I can think of from Cloudland. If you're a decent football athlete from Unaka,  you probably go to Elizabethton. I'm not saying I agree with this but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Good question . I've got an opinion on this. Unaka geographically is a lot closer to Elizabethton than Cloudland. It's just my opinion but I'll bet Elizabethton gets a lot more Unaka athletes then Cloudland athletes over the years. I know Elizabethton got the Russell kids from Cloudland but that's about it over the years that I can think of from Cloudland. If you're a decent football athlete from Unaka,  you probably go to Elizabethton. I'm not saying I agree with this but it is what it is.

I believe you're completely right,i work all over carter co,alot up the creek and you wouldn't believe how many cyclone touchdown club signs are in the yards up the creek,and it's not just football but all the sports including band

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

We're not good every year, just better than the rest of R1.  We were consistently good during the 90s and early 00s because boys were coming out for football.  I remember we had 50 players come out in the spring of 92.