Why is Bradley #1 in AP Prep Poll?

BDURHAM

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 10:56 PM, thegreatone36 said:

Oakland is still the best team. Beating them 1 out of the last 16 tries, and Oakland having a 69 game home streak is absolutely crazy. Beating Oakland once in the regular season, versus a team knocking them out of the playoffs is going to be a totally different story. Last 3 titles ran through Oakland. You’re going to have to take it from them.

Well, look what i just pulled to the top...I said this when everybody was certain that Bradley was #1 in the State. How we feel about that now, heading into this matchup guys?

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Well, look what i just pulled to the top...I said this when everybody was certain that Bradley was #1 in the State. How we feel about that now, heading into this matchup guys?

I feel like if Oakland can beat a team 56-0 that they let beat them in season means they’re very very inconsistent… and this is going to be a monster match up. 

Oakland is an absolute monster no questions about it. It’s going to take a Perfect game by a very talented team to beat them. But don’t sleep on bradley.. anybody sleeping in bradley is completely ignorant. Yeah ok Oakland 56-0 that’s cool. They also lost 2 games… Bradley mercy ruled bearden.. a team that beat maryville. Bradley beat two top teams twice in a season… bradley is the team that’s the first team to beat maryville twice in a year since 1986…The first team to take maryvilles district championship from them in 25 years. The team with #9 player in nation.  The team with #1 Offense in state… has set several records this year for Tennessee so….. to think they don’t have a shot is insane. It’s a 50/50 shot between two monsters… maryville and bearden both played VERY well against bradley in the playoffs in 1st half but it took so much energy to hang with Bradley’s talent both teams died off quickly going into the second… bradley plays the entire game. Oakland again is a monstrous team. But this is not a one way ball game.. either team is capable of the win. But could be a blowout either way.. one perfect play and the other teams spirit could be crushed and then it turn into a blow out either way. Loss of momentum is a huge factor in this game. 

1 hour ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I feel like if Oakland can beat a team 56-0 that they let beat them in season means they’re very very inconsistent… and this is going to be a monster match up. 

Oakland is an absolute monster no questions about it. It’s going to take a Perfect game by a very talented team to beat them. But don’t sleep on bradley.. anybody sleeping in bradley is completely ignorant. Yeah ok Oakland 56-0 that’s cool. They also lost 2 games… Bradley mercy ruled bearden.. a team that beat maryville. Bradley beat two top teams twice in a season… bradley is the team that’s the first team to beat maryville twice in a year since 1986…The first team to take maryvilles district championship from them in 25 years. The team with #9 player in nation.  The team with #1 Offense in state… has set several records this year for Tennessee so….. to think they don’t have a shot is insane. It’s a 50/50 shot between two monsters… maryville and bearden both played VERY well against bradley in the playoffs in 1st half but it took so much energy to hang with Bradley’s talent both teams died off quickly going into the second… bradley plays the entire game. Oakland again is a monstrous team. But this is not a one way ball game.. either team is capable of the win. But could be a blowout either way.. one perfect play and the other teams spirit could be crushed and then it turn into a blow out either way. Loss of momentum is a huge factor in this game. 

I laugh at one thing. You pointed out your record vs Oakland's. They went out and played one of THE BEST teams in the United States. And they just avenged the other team they lost to, 56-0. (49-0 with 3 mins left 2nd quarter). 

Anyway, I guess we will see how this one goes. Don't go quiet if things don't go so well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bradleysports23 said:

As an Oakland fan I would agree with this assessment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

If Bradley is rolling, they will be tough to beat at home. One point, Boo isn’t ranked the #9 player in the country. Still an absolute beast and the best player I’ve seen all year, by quite a margin. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I laugh at one thing. You pointed out your record vs Oakland's. They went out and played one of THE BEST teams in the United States. And they just avenged the other team they lost to, 56-0. (49-0 with 3 mins left 2nd quarter). 

Anyway, I guess we will see how this one goes. Don't go quiet if things don't go so well. 

Well minus the out of state team lol but idk man this one is gonna be epic.