Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

On 11/1/2023 at 4:14 PM, Whoweft said:

The text messages from the Lipscomb OC that are in question were alleged to have been sent to a kid that is now at Ensworth.   I am not saying Ensworth turned Lipscomb into the TSSAA, but it would have been convenient for Ensworth to do so. 

From what I understand it’s Lipscomb on Lipscomb. People donate to much money for their sons not to touch the field.

15 hours ago, cbg said:

Just an educated guess but with Mrs. McQueen and the folks at Hillsboro CofC being in charge of the checkbook/decisions you will see David Lipscomb High School go back to their roots and try to win with the lifers and a few other kids mixed in.  I would be shocked if they try to become one of the top programs in the country.

Agreed. They rather lose with lifers then win with outsiders. Back to David Lipscomb FB and Not Lipscomb Academy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Agreed. They rather lose with lifers then win with outsiders. Back to David Lipscomb FB and Not Lipscomb Academy.

You are close to 100% correct.  There are way too many people that are throughly embarrassed for things not to go back “OLD SCHOOL”. Let’s not forget that Randy Lowery and his West Coast philosophy has been removed and the old guard is back to controlling the checkbook and running things on the Lipscomb campus.

8 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am sure you know about outsiders. Just a matter of time . Karma is alive and well.

I am not connected to LA.  So I don’t really understand the lifers and outsiders discussion. You can be successful at private schools by following the rules and not buying players from all over the US and Tennessee and Ky 

27 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

I am not connected to LA.  So I don’t really understand the lifers and outsiders discussion. You can be successful at private schools by following the rules and not buying players from all over the US and Tennessee and Ky 

Lifers means kids that have been enrolled at Lipscomb all their lives. There are many kids at Lipscomb whose parents and even grandparents attended there. The school is over 100 years old. The old school Church of Christ folks. When the University opted for a liberal president for a few years the campus, at all levels, lost its COC identity. The new president and her husband attended there when it was much more traditional. 

I guess time will tell which direction they will head now.

7 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lifers means kids that have been enrolled at Lipscomb all their lives. There are many kids at Lipscomb whose parents and even grandparents attended there. The school is over 100 years old. The old school Church of Christ folks. When the University opted for a liberal president for a few years the campus, at all levels, lost its COC identity. The new president and her husband attended there when it was much more traditional. 

I guess time will tell which direction they will head now.

I think here we would call them generational  families.  We have a lot of those who play but of course others not are not. 

On 11/5/2023 at 5:24 AM, FBfan26 said:

Lipscomb familes have been told that President and BOT are still committed to football and all that winning football teams bring to the school. PERIOD. They know the only way you win championships in Div II is by brining in players.  There's not enough telented CofCers to make a championship team.  Even the current starting CofCer kids on the team came into the school later - not "lifers."

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:23 PM, FBfan26 said:

Say what you wanna say, it made Tennessee football exciting to me. Especially watching Lipscomb playing against the top teams from other states.  This is what I have been asking of the top teams in Tennessee to do every once in a while. Also I know the University of Tennessee fans are not complaining!

Agree it's been nice seeing top tier teams who aren't afraid to leave Tennessee 

• Upvote 1

I like seeing these games too. Lipscomb obviously plays the toughest schedule in the state. Mccallie played a good Woodward team from Georgia. Baylor lost to the #1 team in North Carolina that is top 50 nationally ranked according to unapproved website and a decent New York team. 

Edited by FR615
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1