Mairvul limps intwo Cyunts Hil

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Always tough to win on the road in the playoffs. Going to be a tough game. Let's hope the Maryville team that beat Cleveland and Alcoa shows up. If not, they'll be going home with a first round loss since when, the early 90s? Crazy to even think about this possibility, but its very real.

It was very real to think we could go 6-4 at the beginning of the year also with all the starters we lost last year then there was a point 4-6 looked like a possibility also. After winning the Cleveland and Alcoa game the letdown against Farragut has left a lot of us totally numb inside. All I know is Eddie Courtney disected this very vanilla offensive package we're running.  Why do you think the Farragut linebacker knew what was coming and slipped up there and picked that off like taking candy from a baby and almost got another one he dropped. We should win this one simply because it was one of our easiest wins during the season and if we did lose I would be even more lost for words then I am now after last Friday.

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It was very real to think we could go 6-4 at the beginning of the year also with all the starters we lost last year then there was a point 4-6 looked like a possibility also. After winning the Cleveland and Alcoa game the letdown against Farragut has left a lot of us totally numb inside. All I know is Eddie Courtney disected this very vanilla offensive package we're running.  Why do you think the Farragut linebacker knew what was coming and slipped up there and picked that off like taking candy from a baby and almost got another one he dropped. We should win this one simply because it was one of our easiest wins during the season and if we did lose I would be even more lost for words then I am now after last Friday.

Barney, the good news first, I think you will win. The bad news, they are a better team than when you played them. A topper Dad told me today they are feeling pretty good about themselves at the moment.

11 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Barney, the good news first, I think you will win. The bad news, they are a better team than when you played them. A topper Dad told me today they are feeling pretty good about themselves at the moment.

Going to ask you something that don't have anything to do with this game but everyone of us on here from Maryville has had friendships with George Quarles and like to hear it from someone who we all respect and went to ETSU what you think of the situatiom there with him. Does he have time, is he over his head is the fans getting tired of him or whats going on. Marky Billson seems to be the biggest voice I hear ready to send the moving vans to his house everyweek on his You Tube Podcast.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

To piggyback of you I do believe Maryville will win. Last Friday at the Db/Sh game I was sitting in the stands by the jumbotron I'm not speaking for all Sh fans but the ones I was surrounded by celebrated when the Farragut/Maryville game went final, that made them want to really get the #2 seed, their fans told me you have to get them now, it's now or never 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Going to ask you something that don't have anything to do with this game but everyone of us on here from Maryville has had friendships with George Quarles and like to hear it from someone who we all respect and went to ETSU what you think of the situatiom there with him. Does he have time, is he over his head is the fans getting tired of him or whats going on. Marky Billson seems to be the biggest voice I hear ready to send the moving vans to his house everyweek on his You Tube Podcast.

Well…. First of all my wife and I are season tickets holders regardless of W’s and L’s. Marky Billson is a loudmouth without much of an audience. He has been removed from various ETSU interactive groups for rudeness and profanity towards ladies. He is irrelevant except for the area between his ears that he lives in. Those that want change quote him. 
Coach Q is a great coach and gentleman. He cares about his charges. 
problems he had or has no control over. 1. We graduated out heavily the year before he came including all conference and all Americans. 2. Injuries at the QB position 3. The first Saturday of this college season I heard 3 former ETSU  players names called out on 3 pretty good D1 schools. (Transfers) 4. He pretty much inherited Sanders staff. Nothing wrong with the staff but not always like minded.

having said the above, we seemed whipped upfront with out a lot of depth. Confusion getting players on and off the field. Too many minor back breaking penalties, usually offsides or a formation penalty . Coach needs to get much tougher.

I’m  not astute enough to assume the solutions, but Coach needs another year. When the season is over, he needs to evaluate himself, staff and team with an absolute honesty. Implement a plan and work with the AD and School President who is pro football.

Sanders did a great job but there was a clique that wanted his job after a couple of back to back bad games. Many Johnson City citizens and ETSU alumni are just glad to have football back. The people around me wish we had more wins but support the team. Crowds are sparser but the schedule is terrible. Only 5 home games, Carson Newman the first home game had terrible lightening delays and finished after midnight. Not another home until we waded through 3 away games. Our last home game preceded fall break and the student body was diminished by 80%. People are now in the habit of doing other things. George needs a signature win. Over his head????? I don’t know? but what I have listed would sink a lot of good coaches.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

To piggyback of you I do believe Maryville will win. Last Friday at the Db/Sh game I was sitting in the stands by the jumbotron I'm not speaking for all Sh fans but the ones I was surrounded by celebrated when the Farragut/Maryville game went final, that made them want to really get the #2 seed, their fans told me you have to get them now, it's now or never 

I would say you are absolutely correct.

• Like 1