Mairvul limps intwo Cyunts Hil

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I still can't make heads or tails of what I watched Friday. Everyone associated with the program seemed to be disinterested in the game.

Is SH starting the QB who played the first half or the kid who came in after halftime now?

Second half. They are a different team now. It doesn’t mean they will win though. I think it is a toss up.

Edited by noonesfool

Getting a little worried. When the playoffs start, I’m usually making plans to  get the officials fed, transported, entertained, and of course paid; but this year we are on the road. I’ve not heard anything. Maybe Mr 200 mph will be bringing the flag guys? We definitely need those two from the alco game. 

10 hours ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Unknown in this one is how the Coach Carter pursuit is going to affect Science Hill. Sometimes these things will cause teams to fall apart, other times it will rally them around one another. Looked like it initially did the latter in Kingsport on Friday, but the emotions obviously weighed on the team once they thought they had it locked up. Still, impressive that they did what was NECESSARY to get the win, and it's obviously a tribute to their highly sought after coach.

Fwiw, I'm told by people who are in a position to know that there is an offer for an offensive analyst position at an ACC School that is already on the table. The pay raise would be considerable. Coach is torn because of his ties to the area. Hope the Toppers can block out the distractions and play well on Friday night.

49 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The question is, do we want to get on past last week or do we want to run up the road and lay another egg. I do believe Maryville will win but if they come home with a loss it will be a very interesting winter at 825.

I firmly believe that Science Hill has the athletes to beat you guys this year.     However, they always seem to choke in the playoffs.      We could chalk that up to a lot of things but the point is that if Maryville just plays sound fundamental football then you will win against the Toppers.           You will likely have as many or more fans than Science Hill so that won't be a factor.              (BTW, it is shameful that a school as big as the Hill has such sparse fan & community support...   Those guys are out there week in and week out playing their hearts out and deserve more than they get, but I digress....)

58 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

(BTW, it is shameful that a school as big as the Hill has such sparse fan & community support...   Those guys are out there week in and week out playing their hearts out and deserve more than they get, but I digress....)

Agree on this in general.  It isn't just SH that has this problem.  Last 8 years I ran the scoreboard for Oakland (retired before this season) and on many occasions I saw visiting teams with less than a hour drive have a very small handful of fans.  I mean more players on their team than fans in the stands for them.  I always wondered where the heck  their parents were?  Not even their own parents came to watch them play.  Yes I know those were teams Oakland were going to have a running clock on but dang at least their own family should show up.  It was sad and I felt horrible for the opposing teams kids.  

Edited by ttitan27

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Agree on this in general.  It isn't just SH that has this problem.  Last 8 years I ran the scoreboard for Oakland (retired before this season) and on many occasions I saw visiting teams with less than a hour drive have a very small handful of fans.  I mean more players on their team than fans in the stands for them.  I always wondered where the heck  their parents were?  Not even their own parents came to watch them play.  Yes I know those were teams Oakland were going to have a running clock on but dang at least their own family should show up.  It was sad and I felt horrible for the opposing teams kids.  

That's the problem with a lot of kids nowdays. No one at home cares. Unless it's work related or something very important then it's almost a give me their not fit to raise a cat or a dog. See this quite a bit here and there on some visiting teams.