Tha littull fellurs goes two #1 Brad Lee

STARSNBARS

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not bashing Oakland but good for the game to see different teams win. Yes Maryville done exactly the same thing but as time wore on it became evident why no one was coming to see a azz whooping across the field from us. Not an Oakland hater by any means. Maryville lost not only a great head coach but two Hall of Fame assistants that you can see the difference like night and day. It would be nice to see the move ins slow down some and play with your own crop and not reload with all D1 players year after year. Creasy is a fine coach indeed and has been very successful. I have a lot of friends that no longer attend  the games anymore because they already know no matter what or how good we are we have to deal with the Oakland beatdown. I honestly feel the same way but not ready to jump off the ship but I don't go to many games as I once did in years past. No way in ale was I going to drive down 75 last night to watch what I already knew was going to happen when I could watch it at home and save the long drive and even watch other games like the Jefferson and Bearden game and also the Oak Ridge disaster and be in bed  after, while everyone is only halfway back from the game. Plus I also do not agree with the dictatorship that is running that high school and why I won't give them a wooden nickle to help out while that BS keeps going on and gets deeper every year.

I don't disagree but dynasties rise and fall, Oakland isn't any different. Riverdale made the BCB ( or Clinic Bowl) 9 out of the last 13 seasons under Rankin, they haven't been back since. I grew up on Oakland football at a time when scoring a TD on Riverdale was cause for celebration. Don't count on the growth slowing down in Middle Tennessee, it's just something that is a new reality, if it's not Oakland it will be someone else.

I do wish GQ and his staff had hung around longer. A great coach surrounds himself with great assistants. Having Gaylor and Ellis was basically a cheat code for Maryville

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, oldrebel said:

You need to separate the fact that BS is not a Maryville fan. Nothing he says represents actual Maryville fans

First of all I have nothing in the world against you because we all have our own beliefs. I know you've experienced the inside of the program so lets say your inside of the picture. I was once inside the picture many many years ago and know things have changed for the better. Now I'm on the outside of the picture and see things your not realizing many from my generation disagree with that went there and why those quit going. Do you realize there aren't 10-15 players I can name that still go to those games that were apart of those 70's teams that really set the tone for Maryville Football and I know every single one of them so I do know. Half the guys in my senior class all came to the games up until just a few years ago and the majority quit because of the way the place is ran. I've been on here raising cain about the NFHS and what Ding Dong did and if someone didn't stand up and say something about this it would it would go unnoticed and swept right under the rug like all the other bull#### they get away with up there. This has nothing to do with the temporay slide in the football program but we have a Class 1 A product up there that is not being capitalized on because the place is run by darned idiots that have no business in the positions they have. 

7 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Honestly though it’s not fair for anybody… whose gonna do it? Oakland? Bearden? Germantown? Bearden is predicted to give bradley a really close game this next time…Only time will tell…have they adapted and are they ready to make changes?  .. Bradley has 8 D1 prospects and next year J Allen terry will be the high light star kids a monster. Absolute monster he’s as good as boo when he gets that ball. Bradley’s stacked for a couple years. The Defense is absolute nuts… you can’t get through them. I may be wrong… I’m cocky I get it I just have absolute confidence in this team. I seen them at the first of the year and I said “how can you beat them?… you cant run on em… you can’t pass… with multiple D1 monsters in the back field you just can’t pass” you can’t stop em.. you stack up on boo and you got 4 other D1 players who will run it down your throat or the quarterback is gonna get the 1st down running it himself, Tennessee is lucky to have boo Carter he really is living up to the hype… did him all you want but he’s truly an elite athelete.. kids broke so many records… this team will go down in history books for this area… win or lose next week the things they’ve done and plays they’ve made. There’s never been a team like this. Not from any of the local schools.. not even Cleveland in the 90s is comparable to this team. Look at their highlights on YouTube. Insanity 

Hey man, let your feet get back on the ground for a couple of weeks until the bears bring that gold ball home to ET. Everybody enjoys beating Murvil, and you guys did it twice in the same year. BC has a super team, IMO the best in ET this year. #6 is a difference maker. Had he been on murvils sideline this year, I think they would’ve been pretty hard to handle. Keep him safe for another few weeks!
Those last two games will be tough regardless of who you play.
Enjoy the beat downs to this point but Murvil wasn’t great this year. They had three or four games where they did not have the top four or five players on the field. You may not see any players better than your number six, but you guys will see some very good players. Ive heard Oakland is a little down from usual, but they will have some D1 players as well. I also hear Bentwood got some stud move ins. I think they are also undefeated and have been routing their opponents. 
After this week, it’s gonna get tougher. You guys have a great shot. Enjoy the ride and good luck the next few weeks.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:28 PM, JJrebel2010 said:

Disappointing end to a struggle of a season to say the least. Maryville was outmatched tonight. But this coaching staff needs to make some big time adjustments this off-season if they want to get back to competing for championships. I never thought I would see Maryville struggle offensively like they have the past two seasons. Something has to change. The lack of a real threat of a passing attack has killed them the past two years. A lot of things have attributed to this, but the main problem I see is the schemes they’re running now. They make it way too easy on defenses. Never thought I would see that out of Maryville, but here we are. 

Last year when we got into the big QB issue and had to dumb down the offense so it could even exist and it seems to have carried right on over to this year. Each kid back there has a special talent. One has a gift of speed and makes good quick decisions and another has a much better arm if your looking to pass deep. We've found some good young receivers at the end of the year that will be a big plus. The good thing is we don't lose 17 starters and have a better idea what to build off of next year. I was expecting a 6-4 season from the start but thought Alcoa would have been one of those losses and not Farragut. The Farragut loss sucked the blood out of me especially after winning the Alcoa game. I was so pizzed off I wouldn't have went to those last two games if they were in my back yard and a lot of other people I know that go to all the games felt the same way. You could of talked me into going to see Rockwood at Jellico that first week of the playoffs I was so mad and wanted to get away from it so bad.

19 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Well yeah I understand that. What pisses me off is maryville has always had a big crowd… them boys deserve fans.. they looked pitiful lastnight. We honestly felt bad for them…. And I’ve always been a maryville fan. Maryville has less fans now than ever.. no no no if you’re going to support them when they’re up support them when they’re down.. is what I tell people

You know what I tell people, don't have 12 different sign in names on Coach T.

13 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Lives rent free huh? Liters every other word you speak is boo Carter…. How many Alcoa players broke Tennessee records this year? Got 15 receiving TDs in a season? How many 99yard TDS? How many tackles as a defense player THEN has the record for receiving yards as an offensive player? Go ahead name the player and we will pull up stats 

boo Carter vs…………. Fill in the blank… who you got Alcoa? 

Eli Owens.

Can go to UT, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or any where else! Fact.

Eli Owens on X: "ROCKY TOP! Had a great time and can't wait to come back  @alcoafootball @scoop1914 @NCEC_Recruiting @NatlPlaymkrsAca @CoachGolesh  @coachjoshheupel https://t.co/XoPSDMU1I0" / X

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Dude he’s caught up on a scrimmage at the first of the year. Bradley was lagging and half butting everything. They got up 14-0 in the 1st quater… Bradley’s JV evened out the playing fields but 1 upping them. And I think we can understand the difference now. Maryville beat Alcoa… Bradley beat maryville twice almost mercy ruling them. Bearden came within 4 points of beating Alcoa and Bradley did mercy rule bearden.. be real man…. Anybody in their right mind knows Bradley would absolutely smoke show Alcoa.. Alcoa isn’t even in conversations this year, they’re a good team.. but nothing more than a 3A bully. Think how many championships they’d have if they were 6a lol what maybe 3? IF lol 

Don't cry. Your team and my team was on the field TOGETHER. 

YOUR team got smacked around! :thumb:

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

First of all I have nothing in the world against you because we all have our own beliefs. I know you've experienced the inside of the program so lets say your inside of the picture. I was once inside the picture many many years ago and know things have changed for the better. Now I'm on the outside of the picture and see things your not realizing many from my generation disagree with that went there and why those quit going. Do you realize there aren't 10-15 players I can name that still go to those games that were apart of those 70's teams that really set the tone for Maryville Football and I know every single one of them so I do know. Half the guys in my senior class all came to the games up until just a few years ago and the majority quit because of the way the place is ran. I've been on here raising cain about the NFHS and what Ding Dong did and if someone didn't stand up and say something about this it would it would go unnoticed and swept right under the rug like all the other bull#### they get away with up there. This has nothing to do with the temporay slide in the football program but we have a Class 1 A product up there that is not being capitalized on because the place is run by darned idiots that have no business in the positions they have. 

I have a brother that graduated in the 60's, has had 3 strokes, is wheelchair bound, and has missed a couple of home games in the last several years. Your BS is just that.....BS. 

Edited by MLREB

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Eli Owens.

Can go to UT, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or any where else! Fact.

Eli Owens on X: "ROCKY TOP! Had a great time and can't wait to come back  @alcoafootball @scoop1914 @NCEC_Recruiting @NatlPlaymkrsAca @CoachGolesh  @coachjoshheupel https://t.co/XoPSDMU1I0" / X

BC. Outside of the alco group, I’m probably as big a fan of 44 as anybody in town. I’ve told several people he could be one of the best players to come out of this county in decades. Not yet, but he is just a junior. I’m curious where you see him playing in college. After watching him for only one game this year, I would say linebacker. But I don’t know him or his mentality. For example, TEs usually don’t like the contact like LBs do. You've seen him for a couple of years now. Where do you think he helps a College team? Offense or defense.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last year when we got into the big QB issue and had to dumb down the offense so it could even exist and it seems to have carried right on over to this year. Each kid back there has a special talent. One has a gift of speed and makes good quick decisions and another has a much better arm if you’re looking to pass deep. We've found some good young receivers at the end of the year that will be a big plus. The good thing is we don't lose 17 starters and have a better idea what to build off of next year. I was expecting a 6-4 season from the start but thought Alcoa would have been one of those losses and not Farragut. The Farragut loss sucked the blood out of me especially after winning the Alcoa game. I was so pizzed off I wouldn't have went to those last two games if they were in my back yard and a lot of other people I know that go to all the games felt the same way. You could have talked me into going to see Rockwood at Jellico that first week of the playoffs I was so mad and wanted to get away from it so bad.

I agree, there’s definitely a lot of young talent to build off of for next year. And I also agree that what they did last year with the QB issue carried over. Why? I’m not sure. You can’t win in 6A being one dimensional, unless of course you have top tier athletes all over the field like Oakland. But they’re even starting to throw it more now. I’m really hoping with the young talent that will keep developing, they’ll make some adjustments and get back to the style of play we’re used to seeing from Maryville. Also, just my opinion, but don’t let anyone tell you you’re not a Maryville fan just because you have a strong or different opinion. That’s literally what this site is for - discussion of topics and opinions. 

• Upvote 1