12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

12 minutes ago, Uknolil said:

We put a lot of stock on a bunch of 15-18 old kids, you know. 
Glad they have all been successful to get to this point in their young lives. They’ll remember this game forever, regardless of outcome.

They get the better end of the stick.They get to play the game at least one more time,all we get to do is talk about it.LOL.Wish all for both nothing but the best but wishing just a little more for those Bulldogs!These type games are memorable moments these young men won't forget.I remember mine like it was yesterday and it's been 34 years ago.Envious I guess.:rolleyes:

Edited by orngnblk

On 11/11/2023 at 9:14 AM, crow said:

Simple, rankings mean zero in playoffs. It’s all seeding and alternating years. Remember York and Hampton are both 1 seeds so equal in the bracket playoff system. Last year or next it would be at York in this same scenario. 

The "odd" thing is nonsense. Some teams may get back to the 3rd round the next year, most most likely in most situations there will be a lot of different teams. For a 12-0 team which beat a highly ranked at the time, a 4A school and then beat defending state champion Friendship on the road, is ridiculous. Teams going unbeaten should be rewarded and that has nothing to do with ranking. Yes, both are #1 seeds, but York is unbeaten while Hampton lost 2 games. York's side won 3 of 4 first round games as well.

7 minutes ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

The "odd" thing is nonsense. Some teams may get back to the 3rd round the next year, most most likely in most situations there will be a lot of different teams. For a 12-0 team which beat a highly ranked at the time, a 4A school and then beat defending state champion Friendship on the road, is ridiculous. Teams going unbeaten should be rewarded and that has nothing to do with ranking. Yes, both are #1 seeds, but York is unbeaten while Hampton lost 2 games. York's side won 3 of 4 first round games as well.

if york were to win this week they will host the semifinal game next week. This system in place is about as fair as fair can be. should it be altered perhaps... but it is what it is and keeps things as simple and unbiased as possible.

18 minutes ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

Both FC and Stone wins were just decent for York as neither are that impressive of a team. I've explained why in previous posts. We don't have to agree about it, but its my opinion. Same thing happended to Hampton the year they went to the state championship. They didn't complain. They travelled, they played football, and they WON. That was until they met the TRULY impressive and could beat anybody team (what York is desperate to convince themselves they are) in Westview. That team was everything and more. Westview had it all. The QB, the recievers, the secondary, the coaches, the lineman. That was a team that deserved something special. York better just worry about beating Hampton and less about where it's at. Even if they beat Hampton and play at home, those semi games will be beyond TOUGH. 

44 minutes ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

The number 1 ranked 1a team in NC Mount Airy defending state champs 10-0 was the 2 seed because number 1 seed 2nd ranked Robbinsville 9-1 RPI was better.

It is what it is. Can’t worry about it. All states do things different 

Edited by Appvol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

They get the better end of the stick.They get to play the game at least one more time,all we get to do is talk about it.LOL.Wish all for both nothing but the best but wishing just a little more for those Bulldogs!These type games are memorable moments these young men won't forget.I remember mine like it was yesterday and it's been 34 years ago.Envious I guess.:rolleyes:

I completely understand. Lots of good memories!

18 minutes ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

Win or lose this quadrant doesn’t play after Black Friday. 

Noticed you fellers beat Gordonville buy the same amount as Smith County, I watched the Game where you played Gordonsville and thought you were gonna blow them out. I'm not so sure you guys are not better than us or York, you just didn't have the breaks in either game. 

4 hours ago, Dragonman1 said:

Not counting Hampton out I’m just telling you York will be everything you heard about them a more. They have a defensive line and secondary can play with anyone. 

Were well aware of your team, stopping them and moving the ball against them is the key. Not sure we can do either but we'll give it heck trying.