South Pittsburg @ Oliver Springs (Stone Cold vs Wizard of OS Part Deux

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Crazy year.I would say OS is right where they thoughts they would be.

That first game, we were talking about how it was a potential look at the semifinals. We also said that, in that game, South Pittsburg made Oliver Springs look worse than they actually were. I thought they could be a good team, but that night we were just on and it kept them from really doing anything that they wanted to do.

15 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

That first game, we were talking about how it was a potential look at the semifinals. We also said that, in that game, South Pittsburg made Oliver Springs look worse than they actually were. I thought they could be a good team, but that night we were just on and it kept them from really doing anything that they wanted to do.

I would say they played their best game last night may not have enough to even make a first down next fri.That I'm sure was an emotional win.

A couple of gentlemen sat behind me last night who were not locals. I overheard them several times saying “wow, you don’t find this everywhere.” So it made me think especially with Thanksgiving coming up what’s “this” they are referring to? In my opinion..

1. Crowd support

2. Top knotch facilities 

3. The pregame festivities (music, fireworks, bad company)

4. Consistency 

5. Young men that are prepared for the next level if they wish to do so. 

4 minutes ago, powerp said:

A couple of gentlemen sat behind me last night who were not locals. I overheard them several times saying “wow, you don’t find this everywhere.” So it made me think especially with Thanksgiving coming up what’s “this” they are referring to? In my opinion..

1. Crowd support

2. Top knotch facilities 

4. Consistency 

Probably the Cheese Sticks.:-D

59 minutes ago, powerp said:

1. Crowd support

2. Top knotch facilities 

4. Consistency 

Old Pirate sat with some kinfolke on the visitors side last night. It certainly was an imposing angle fer sure. Leastways as the fued outcome was decided early, walking amongst the rail birds on visitors side, eventually making to home side was extremely entertaining listening to the chatter. Congratulations to the Pirates on an emotional win that will ease the year long misery suffered. The 2022 season ending loss at home provided the catalyst for improvement.  Far too much excuse making by haters implying this Pirate team success was driven by transfers is nonsense. Certainly, addition of quality players provide additional fire power. But, the core success of this team is driven by the hurt & pain suffered from the 2022 early season ending loss. BTW, the Bob Sherrell voice coming thru the improved speaker system, “IT’S SHOW TIME” and team entrance is imposing  message from the visitors side is pure genius. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE