ER vs York trip to Chattanooga on the line

Chiefbigfoot

5 hours ago, Classless said:

I have had two sons play for York and both played with the majority of this coaching staff. This staff would go to war for these kids and the kids before them. Just like you’re proud of your coaches that turn and yell in the stands at their own fans. (Yeah I head about that.) I am proud of ours.  I can promise you our coaching staff doesn’t condone what happened to night.   And I have heard them preach it.  When you say you HATE a program it’s kids, coaches and fanbase.  HATE sir is a strong word.  

I watched Hampton a few years back keep tackling a kid around the head and neck area driving him into the ground till they broke his collarbone. The Unaka QB getting hurt this year wasn’t just playing good hard nose football.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

All the late hitting by York in the 1st half brought this all on, I said it would happen before the game, thus the Classless assumption. At some point you have to fight back. 

This is my take also.  ER was just doing their thing.  York was very bush league with a lot of after whistle stuff.  Groves did punch/slap a York kid eventually...still 1st half.  TSSAA is an embarrassment and their refs are ill-equipped. 

I blame York.  They knew they were undermanned and were trying to gain an edge.  

ER had to defend itself.  This wasn't a 2 way street.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, crow said:

It was bad from the very beginning. A lot of chippy stuff then a mini brawl broke out on the ER sideline. Cleared the field and warned both sides. Later another broke out and ER got one tossed and York had 2 thrown out. Apparently one of Yorks went after an official after the game and allegedly an ER assistant hit a York player and the mom is pressing charges.Basically just another Friday night in Jamestown :roflol:

Best line all night

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CASC95 said:

I attended this game. Right before half, I make the comment that York needs to run the clock down some when they had it 1st and goal at the 2 with ~1:20 or somewhere around there. Because when York scored, it made it 7-14 and would have gotten the ball after half. Instead York scores immediately leaving 1:16 (I believe) and then gets a 15 yard penalty. Which set up ER to get within striking range just before half. And ER did. They scored making it 21-7 at half. The way this game played out, I believe that was the difference.

I said the same thing here. 

7 hours ago, Classless said:

I think that should start with the officials. They had absolutely no control.  I am a proud of the Dragons for the year they had but I am disappointed in the lack of discipline tonight.  Hate to see it end for this group of seniors they have been fun to watch the last couple years. 

That was the first thing I thought of when i was watching/listening to the game.  These poor seniors……

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

I watched Hampton a few years back keep tackling a kid around the head and neck area driving him into the ground till they broke his collarbone. The Unaka QB getting hurt this year wasn’t just playing good hard nose football.

You,ve lost your mind. Hampton is one of the most disciplined teams your ever gonna play. None are perfect but when junk happens at Hampton, it gets addressed.