Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Exactly, I don't see a host of top tier anything on that roster, they have a bunch of good high school players that couldn't play DI, just like every other irrelevant program, and on top of that nobody cares, the stadium is 80% emptly, it's a joke.  

And then going to hire a high school football coach with a zero college experience isn’t helping it.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Elias287, I can understand your comments regarding the coaching change at ETSU,however, in these parts(Oak Ridge) negativity toward Coach Quarles doesn't fly well.

I’m not doubting he’s a great guy or a great coach in the high school level but he’s not a coach in the college level and never should’ve been. Our administration went to the lowest ever hiring him. I’m not doubting his high school coaching ability he’s just not a college coach, especially with the talent we had on his rosters. No excuses for that.

22 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I would love to see him at Dobyns Bennett 

JC will not be fired or forced out of the Model City because, to the administration, football isn’t that important there. As long as he plays the political game and doesn’t upset the puppeteers pulling the strings, he will be a lock.

I’ve seen coaches come in and rock the boat. It doesn’t always go well. One story of when it did, “back in the day” when Dave Rider was hired at Elizabethton, they story goes, he asked for New Jerseys for the team since the ones they had were at least 4 years old if not older. He was told there was no money in the budget for it. So, he took all the jerseys and burned them. They found the money! He always said if the players look good, they’ll feel good, and play better. Imagine if he didn’t do that. Where would Betsy football be now?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Super guy and really personable to boot. He will find another gig soon. Too great of a coach not to. Would make for a great OC somewhere, for starters.

In the high school level, he can deathly become a head coach unless you’re talking about college then yeah offensive coordinator would probably be best friend not coach, nowhere near a coach, for right now.

2 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

I’m not doubting he’s a great guy or a great coach in the high school level but he’s not a coach in the college level and never should’ve been. Our administration went to the lowest ever hiring him. I’m not doubting his high school coaching ability he’s just not a college coach, especially with the talent we had on his rosters. No excuses for that.

And you have that same sorry Admin to make this hire and a fan base that couldn't give a s**t, so good luck with that. 

You are dismissed.  Feel free to leave.  Obviously you came on here to bash GQ, we got it, now go away.  

Edited by oridgecat

Fartky got his early Christmas Present seeing GQ get run off. At least the Arkansas State didn't stick a knife in Butch Jones back after going 5-17 his first two years and stuck it out and their going to a bowl game against Marshall. ETSU to me and always has been a school with a dinky football program at best and the reason everyone lost interest and they shut down shop. Now they have invested money right back into what failed before and expecting different results. After what they did to GQ and signing a five year contract and telling him to go away after the second year and short changing him $275,000 on top of everything they should change the name from Bucs to Indian Givers.