Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

4 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I would love to see him at Dobyns Bennett 

They're not that smart. And they would have to replace half the assistants. Which would start a world war with the good ole boys club. Plus, they can't afford him because they spent all their money on fancy lights and such. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They're not that smart. And they would have to replace half the assistants. Which would start a world war with the good ole boys club. Plus, they can't afford him because they spent all their money on fancy lights and such. 

Have a feeling that if DB makes a move their first call will be to the former coach down I-81:with multiple 4A championships on his resume. His son has used up his college eligibility. He might be getting the itch to get back in the game. 

I would be surprised if GQ came back to high school football because he has more options than most people know. Another coach we're all very familiar with is Marcus Satterfield from Greenback who also was fired from Tennessee Tech with the same record of 6-16 after 2 years then went to Baylor for a year then to the Carolina Panthers and was the offensive coordinator with South Carolina the past two years and now the O.C at Nebraska. I promise you Marcus is making 5 times what he did at Tennessee Tech. Once you get into that college circuit there are many opportunities and I believe GQ will get one of those. He paid his dues at Furman as a grad assistant and once you do that your in the club.

Edited by BarneySox2007

22 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would be surprised if GQ came back to high school football because he has more options than most people know. Another coach we're all very familiar with is Marcus Satterfield from Greenback who also was fired from Tennessee Tech with the same record of 6-16 after 2 years then went to Baylor for a year then to the Carolina Panthers and was the offensive coordinator with South Carolina the past two years and now the O.C at Nebraska. I promise you Marcus is making 5 times what he did at Tennessee Tech. Once you get into that college circuit there are many opportunities and I believe GQ will get one of those. He paid his dues at Furman as a grad assistant and once you do that your in the club.

C’mon Barn, don’t let facts get in the way of a good story! 
The old ball coach was a heckova play caller. It will be interesting to see where he heads to. I’d think he would have more good opportunities than bad ones. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, strongx said:

C’mon Barn, don’t let facts get in the way of a good story! 
The old ball coach was a heckova play caller. It will be interesting to see where he heads to. I’d think he would have more good opportunities than bad ones. 

Yep. 

Despite the lack of success as a head coach at ETSU, he still has a great reputation as an offensive mind. 

I could see him end up as a head coach at a private high school or an assistant at a college program. 

He's still young in coaching years. He's not done. 

He’s not coming back to Maryville. Maryville has a great coach, and it’s his dream job. I’m sure tons of high schools will come calling for GQ. But I doubt he’d come back to the high school ranks, except maybe BA or another big time private school. If I was betting, he’ll get another chance as an offensive coordinator or assistant in the college ranks. He’s one of the best offensive minds in the country, and I’m not exaggerating. If you spend 5 minutes with him talking about offense, it’s obvious.