West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

6 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

They will get to see the undefeated young Fillies squad in the Blue Suede tourney in January.  Should be a good measuring stick for both teams. Fillies are loaded and deep. Their 2nd team can play with anybody.

Dyersburg is young start two 6th graders really only have two that do the scoring 

On 12/8/2023 at 10:44 PM, 1983 said:

Does Westview avoid playing tough teams in the regular season in West Tennessee?  I hear that often from fans and I have heard from other coaches as well.  I don’t have any true info on that but that is the reputation they have.  I was surprised South Gibson beat them tonight. 

I haven't seen Westview this year and I think there's a high probability that they're not as good this year compared to the last couple for sure, but I think a lot of the Westview bashing is kind of undeserving. I saw where they're in Myrtle Beach at a tournament and have beaten the current 6th-ranked team in their 2A division and beat the defending South Carolina 2022 4A state champs yesterday. According to CoachT, if I read it correctly, currently they have the 2nd toughest strength of schedule unless I'm missing something. My little cousins played for them over the last 8 years so I'm familiar with the program. I think my hometown GC Pioneers are every bit of 10-12 points better than Westview this year, and GC should be ranked #1 when the polls come out. I do applaud the Westview faithful though. They treat it like a business and hardly engage on CoachT that much and they let everyone else do the talking. I can appreciate that. #goPioneers!!

19 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I haven't seen Westview this year and I think there's a high probability that they're not as good this year compared to the last couple for sure, but I think a lot of the Westview bashing is kind of undeserving. I saw where they're in Myrtle Beach at a tournament and have beaten the current 6th-ranked team in their 2A division and beat the defending South Carolina 2022 4A state champs yesterday. According to CoachT, if I read it correctly, currently they have the 2nd toughest strength of schedule unless I'm missing something. My little cousins played for them over the last 8 years so I'm familiar with the program. I think my hometown GC Pioneers are every bit of 10-12 points better than Westview this year, and GC should be ranked #1 when the polls come out. I do applaud the Westview faithful though. They treat it like a business and hardly engage on CoachT that much and they let everyone else do the talking. I can appreciate that. #goPioneers!!

See you automatically referenced this post that somebody from Gibson County made that comment. #goPioneers!! Gibson County, Peabody and Westview will all be tough outs for any team. Lots of tough teams. McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman, York, East Nashville, Loretto, Summertown, Westview, Peabody, Cheatham County. Lots of ball to be played. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

See you automatically referenced this post that somebody from Gibson County made that comment. #goPioneers!! Gibson County, Peabody and Westview will all be tough outs for any team. Lots of tough teams. McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman, York, East Nashville, Loretto, Summertown, Westview, Peabody, Cheatham County. Lots of ball to be played. 

I agree, but I think the ball returns to GC this year. 

7 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Not sayings it’s true but that’s the reputation they have.  Gibson County may be ranked #1 but I would place McMinn, York and Gatlinburg Pitt 1, 2, 3 right now with Gibson County behind them.  AA in the state of Tennessee is the strongest class in the state in my opinion.  It is loaded

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Not sayings it’s true but that’s the reputation they have.  Gibson County may be ranked #1 but I would place McMinn, York and Gatlinburg Pitt 1, 2, 3 right now with Gibson County behind them.  AA in the state of Tennessee is the strongest class in the state in my opinion.  It is loaded

Agree with you. GC is undefeated and deserves to be in the conversation. But, based on seeing them, I would rank them as follows:

1. McMinn Central

2. Gatlinburg-Pittman

3. York

4. GC

After that group, you’ve still got Huntingdon, Loretto, Cheatham Co, Westview, Summertown, East Hickman, South Greene, East Nashville, Cannon Co, and Peabody.

AA is absolutely the deepest classification this year

3 hours ago, maddams said:

Agree with you. GC is undefeated and deserves to be in the conversation. But, based on seeing them, I would rank them as follows:

1. McMinn Central

2. Gatlinburg-Pittman

3. York

4. GC

After that group, you’ve still got Huntingdon, Loretto, Cheatham Co, Westview, Summertown, East Hickman, South Greene, East Nashville, Cannon Co, and Peabody.

AA is absolutely the deepest classification this year

Your on key. McMinn, GP, York and GC all are tough among others. Thing about Gibson County that makes them so tough is their defense is so smothering. They gave up 40 to Bartlett in their win and Bartlett scored 73 on Dyersburg. Gibson County is giving up an average of 30.5 points a game and that includes the 52 points to Creekwood which the refs gave them probably about 30 FT's. I doubt Gibson County will ever go back to that 8 vs 5 place. Biggest home cooking environment I have ever seen. Peabody we played tonight and they can flat out play when they are dialed in. I agree AA is loaded. I do think it will be a great State Tournament this year and I think it will be wide open. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

@HawkGuy06 With what South Side did this week how are their chances looking at making a 3rd straight appearance? Who in their district or is better or even close to those 4 teams they played in the tournament?

Honestly chances are looking pretty decent! Only true competition in our district or region is Chester Co! I think we are 10-15 points better than them if we play to our potential. If healthy(lord I pray we can continue to get healthy) we could be decent come March!