Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

1 minute ago, Bradleysports23 said:

Ok all you explain the titles. Bradley has 14 dual state titles which is TSSAA all time record. 

You're arguing for wrestling titles in a football thread? Really? While you're at it, ask me where the world champ came from?? While she does compete for a Bradley County school, her and her family (who are great folks BTW) came from Rutherford County which last I checked was in Middle Tennessee. 

6 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Tell that to every school in East Tennessee. I have had to pay to park at all schools for years. Course Maryville is going to charge twice what Bradley does.

Maybe we should do that back. Charge what the visiting team charges us at their place. :D

Bradley is one of the only schools I've ever paid at. I go to a lot of games.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:37 AM, ttitan27 said:

Welp, nothing changes for me.  BC has a very talented team with several D1 players.  Something BC is not used to having it seems.  Over the years during the Creasy era at Oakland and seeing every home game for the last 8 years up until this year, I have seen tons of these athlethes.  Both on Oakland and the other RuCo teams.  Last year Blackman had 3-4, Riverdale had a few this year and Oakland has had more than their share of them.  I've watched Jacoby Stevens that went on to play and win a national championship with LSU and make it to the pros.  Jordan James who is having a very good season at Oregon.  Trey Knox that played at Arkansas and transferred to another big school.  Can't remember which.  Master Teague that played at Ohio State and countless others I can't recall right now that have played for Power 5 schools.  Point is that this Oakland team is used to having and playing against these guys.  They are experienced.  They have been there before and knows what it takes.  Trust me that the moment will not be too big for them when they face BC and their talented D1 guys.  Should be a good game but I have to stick with the experience and our own D1 guys which Oakland has many now.  Looking for a good game with Oakland coming out on top and a chance to make it four 6A titles in a row.  Never been done.

Titan,

You were very close to being a prophet. Excellent pre game prognosis.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Made the hour drive to watch this game. Was really impressed with both teams, but as one poster said above, that massive Oakland OL was the difference. Oakland’s speed on defense is really impressive. The size of their OL and the speed on defense really stuck out to me.

After the game I tuned into the Houston Brentwood game... Houston is gonna be a monster.. they are fast fast  and big as well... should be a great match up.

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Made the hour drive to watch this game. Was really impressed with both teams, but as one poster said above, that massive Oakland OL was the difference. Oakland’s speed on defense is really impressive. The size of their OL and the speed on defense really stuck out to me.

Looked like a Junior College D backfield. I was wondering if the 2 OT's might be UT prospects.