1st set of HS rankings up on Pin-Tn

TotallynotLEO

27 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

I went to tssaasports.com to pull some historical data for you.

Most individual champions

Baylor (117)

McCallie (107)

Father Ryan (102)

Cleveland... 37

Most team state championships

Baylor (19)

Father Ryan (15)

Cleveland... 12

My only point is that I find it hard to believe a boarding school like Baylor or McCallie or even Father Ryan would avoid an in state public school in any sport. Don't kid yourself. If Cleveland wanted to wrestle any of these three, and yes, including Baylor, I promise you they would accept. Even if hypothetically the coach didn't want to I'm sure the AD at one of those schools would make them. 

I do agree with Leo on the fact that the interest in D2 or AA team titles has dwindled because they seem like foregone conclusions. But to say a school like Baylor is dodging a local public school in any sport is ludicrous. 

I didn't know we were counting participation trophies in those stats

since that basically what d2 trophies are. 

Its funny you say its "hard to believe". Literally every coach in the state dodges matches they don't want every single year. EVERY coach.  I see you have 3 posts, you must be new here. Welcome to TN wrestling. Cleveland runs the show. 

7 hours ago, Ummmno said:

I didn't know we were counting participation trophies in those stats

since that basically what d2 trophies are. 

Its funny you say its "hard to believe". Literally every coach in the state dodges matches they don't want every single year. EVERY coach.  I see you have 3 posts, you must be new here. Welcome to TN wrestling. Cleveland runs the show. 

Baylor has bigger fish to fry, it’s why they go to the big out of state tournaments and when Cleveland goes they don’t ever send a whole team, they send their studs and leave the rest at home and when they finish low on team scores everyone goes, we only took 3-4 guys. I don’t see that happening with Baylor, so I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t dodge a match against Cleveland. Now they might not have fit them into the schedule, but when you do so much traveling with a team out of state, schedule teams that you owe quid pro quo for, it doesn’t leave much open. So I have serious doubt Baylor would dodge anyone much less Cleveland. They want national exposure and they want their kids winning big tournaments so they can bring in more boarding kids. 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FR615 said:

Mccallie did bring in a ton of talent but most of that is 8th graders. No doubt they will be force in the coming years, but I have a hard time seeing them beating Father Ryan and Baylor this year. 

McCallie brought back all of their team from last year too.  Now with McCallie beating Baylor in the football state championship last night, it might take until January before McCallie and Baylor get their lineup together. 

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Baylor has bigger fish to fry, it’s why they go to the big out of state tournaments and when Cleveland goes they don’t ever send a whole team, they send their studs and leave the rest at home and when they finish low on team scores everyone goes, we only took 3-4 guys. I don’t see that happening with Baylor, so I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t dodge a match against Cleveland. Now they might not have fit them into the schedule, but when you do so much traveling with a team out of state, schedule teams that you owe quid pro quo for, it doesn’t leave much open. So I have serious doubt Baylor would dodge anyone much less Cleveland. They want national exposure and they want their kids winning big tournaments so they can bring in more boarding kids. 

That's a load of crap. They don't want to wrestle Cleveland because they are wrestling in national tournaments? Come on. Surely you're smarter than that.

The best team in the state is 30 minutes down the road and they wont take Knox's phone calls. Dodge, dip, duck, dive AND dodge.

16 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

That's a load of crap. They don't want to wrestle Cleveland because they are wrestling in national tournaments? Come on. Surely you're smarter than that.

The best team in the state is 30 minutes down the road and they wont take Knox's phone calls. Dodge, dip, duck, dive AND dodge.

Hahahaha, let me know the next time at a national level tournament Cleveland takes all their wrestlers to compete so they can’t whine when they finish in the 30’s that it was only because they took 4 guys! I’m so sure that Baylor has just dodged the calls from Knox lol. You hear one side of the story and cling to that while I see Baylor traveling all across the country to the toughest tournaments there are because iron sharpens iron.

Baylor wants to be one of the best programs in the nation while Cleveland over here touting winning a bunch of TN state titles when I’m sorry but TN wrestling isn’t anywhere as good as a ton of states. Heck I mean even the best wrestler that came out of Cleveland (Chittum) left to go private school before taking one last hurrah at Cleveland for 1 season and this coming from a guy that really dislikes private schools and had a stepson that wrestled for higher calling lol

19 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Hahahaha, let me know the next time at a national level tournament Cleveland takes all their wrestlers to compete so they can’t whine when they finish in the 30’s that it was only because they took 4 guys! I’m so sure that Baylor has just dodged the calls from Knox lol. You hear one side of the story and cling to that while I see Baylor traveling all across the country to the toughest tournaments there are because iron sharpens iron.

Baylor wants to be one of the best programs in the nation while Cleveland over here touting winning a bunch of TN state titles when I’m sorry but TN wrestling isn’t anywhere as good as a ton of states. Heck I mean even the best wrestler that came out of Cleveland (Chittum) left to go private school before taking one last hurrah at Cleveland for 1 season and this coming from a guy that really dislikes private schools and had a stepson that wrestled for higher calling lol

So you're entire argument as to why Baylor ISN'T dodging Cleveland is becuase they're going to national tournaments.

Weak. Weak argument. 

25 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So you're entire argument as to why Baylor ISN'T dodging Cleveland is becuase they're going to national tournaments.

Weak. Weak argument. 

You seem too dumb to understand so I’ll put this in an easier way for you to comprehend. Cleveland is a big fish in a small pond, they don’t go out to prove themselves against the best so they will always be a big fish in a small pond which is what TN wrestling is sadly to say. While Baylor is trying to be a big fish in a big pond and they are going out to prove that and make their wrestlers better! So if that takes not wrestling the big fish in small pond at home while they travel the country getting better every week so be it! But again let me know when Cleveland isn’t chicken to send a whole team to a tourney like beast instead of running a split squad there and here! 

and so I guess you heard from Knox that Baylor was ducking them, I guess I would say that if that is happening it’s prob because Knox wanted to schedule them at Cleveland and wouldn’t even go to Baylor to wrestle so he could have it on his own terms. Again I highly doubt it and it’s just really hard to always get someone scheduled(since I’m sure you have NEVER made a high school schedule or even been involved in one). But sometimes dates just can’t match up and since Baylor is wrestling a ton of time on the road in other states it just makes it even harder. But yeah let’s just go with the narrative the team that is actually on a national scale is running from another school lol  that is the weak argument 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

You seem too dumb to understand so I’ll put this in an easier way for you to comprehend. Cleveland is a big fish in a small pond, they don’t go out to prove themselves against the best so they will always be a big fish in a small pond which is what TN wrestling is sadly to say. While Baylor is trying to be a big fish in a big pond and they are going out to prove that and make their wrestlers better! So if that takes not wrestling the big fish in small pond at home while they travel the country getting better every week so be it! But again let me know when Cleveland isn’t chicken to send a whole team to a tourney like beast instead of running a split squad there and here! 

and so I guess you heard from Knox that Baylor was ducking them, I guess I would say that if that is happening it’s prob because Knox wanted to schedule them at Cleveland and wouldn’t even go to Baylor to wrestle so he could have it on his own terms. Again I highly doubt it and it’s just really hard to always get someone scheduled(since I’m sure you have NEVER made a high school schedule or even been involved in one). But sometimes dates just can’t match up and since Baylor is wrestling a ton of time on the road in other states it just makes it even harder. But yeah let’s just go with the narrative the team that is actually on a national scale is running from another school lol  that is the weak argument 

Thats a lot of words to just say "yes ummmno, you're right. baylor doesnt want to wrestle cleveland because they wrestle national tournaments"

lame. come on. also, you're better than the piddly dumb insults. maybe its time to grow up and be cobraman. or maybe not. 

lame. come on. also, you're better than the piddly dumb insults. maybe its time to grow up and be cobraman. or maybe not. 

or maybe it’s time to grow up and stop arguing about #### you can’t prove on message boards. It’s entertaining for a while but now it’s a little tired.

Cleveland and Baylor wrestled against each other at least twice in the last five years.  

December 2018 Baylor defeated Cleveland 33-32 (Al Miller Duals)

December 2021 Cleveland defeated Baylor 33-31 (Lake Norman Duals)

Now I'll wait for the all injury reports that dictated why the duals were so close.

FYI: Cleveland and McCallie wrestle tonight.

Edited by oceansize42