1st set of HS rankings up on Pin-Tn

TotallynotLEO

I know @TotallynotLEO ! Why isn't Little Johnny ranked 5 or 6 in small school! :(

Great job with these rankings. I'm sure it is hard to do them preseason not knowing for sure what weights kids will be at.

I do think Pigeon Forge is a top 3 team in small school with Soddy and Signal. Mark my words! I also think Halls is overrated in big school. I do not mean to offend anyone but there's a lot more depth in big school than small school & I think Halls will see that this year. 

I saw some East Hamilton kids in the small school rankings. I thought they moved up to big school this year?

Just some other tidbits of what I have heard through the grapevine on small school... Jojo at 120, Carson at 126, Ethan at 132. Expect Nate Wade at 190 and Johnny Davis at 285 to be in the mix this year for Soddy. Should be the best Soddy team since the glory days with Steve Henry. 

Soddy and Cleveland walk away with both duals and traditionals this year and it won't be close. 

This board has been dead lately. So I’m glad to see some excitement start to generate for the start of the season. I agree, great job with these initial rankings!

I follow class A more closely than AA so I will focus my comments there.

-East Hamilton did move up to AA

-215 Zac Chrisman from Greeneville should be #2. He missed the post season due to injury, but he is the clear #2 guy behind Atwood. I would also have Howard from Pigeon Forge at #3 and Click at #4. Watch out for Laxton from Soddy here as well. He was ranked all last year, but missed the big dance last year as a result of being in that tough section that had Soddy, Pigeon Forge, and Signal in it

-Carson Dupill will also be at 126. I would be surprised if Jojo cut to 113 and doubt Ethan wants to cut to 126 to wrestle Carson when he could easily win 132.

-Agree with Little Johnny on Big Johnny Davis at 285. I saw him wrestle a few times during the offseason and I would have him in the rankings. Wade is solid as well.

-I remember reading the South East Wrestling state of the program article on Signal Mountain and supposedly Jackson Davis has a little brother that is a stud for them at 113. Anyone know anything about him? 

-Agree with Pigeon Forge being a top 3 team as well. I would have it Soddy clear #1, Signal #2, Pigeon Forge #3.

-I would also have Dylan Jackson in the rankings from Pigeon Forge at 190.

-Cris Flockhart (Cocke County) is another to keep an eye on at 285.

-I also think Eagleville is underrated. This may be the best team they have had in school history.

• Upvote 2

If SD doesn't win,  it will go down as the biggest egg laid ever.  They have to feel like they've been gifted an opportunity with East Hamilton moving up,  PF moving regions. 

I like where PF is at though.  Pretty strong line up with some ability to move things around in the line up.  The region they're in now isn't as tough at the top but is stronger through the middle.  More parity if you will.  

Who does SM have at the upper weights though,  besides Davis? 

This part of the season is fun.  Everyone thinks they have a shot,  no one knows where all the kids are at on weight. Some kids that were just kinda there last year level up,  others come out of no where.  

Page, East Ham, Green Hill, Halls move up. 

A couple teams move down. 

2 hours ago, littlejohnny said:

Soddy and Cleveland walk away with both duals and traditionals this year and it won't be close. 

Disagree with Cleveland. They may win, not saying they won’t, but if there was a year a different team upsets them it’s this year. They aren’t going to walk away with it.

Edited by Ummmno

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

This board has been dead lately. So I’m glad to see some excitement start to generate for the start of the season. I agree, great job with these initial rankings!

I follow class A more closely than AA so I will focus my comments there.

-East Hamilton did move up to AA

-215 Zac Chrisman from Greeneville should be #2. He missed the post season due to injury, but he is the clear #2 guy behind Atwood. I would also have Howard from Pigeon Forge at #3 and Click at #4. Watch out for Laxton from Soddy here as well. He was ranked all last year, but missed the big dance last year as a result of being in that tough section that had Soddy, Pigeon Forge, and Signal in it

-Carson Dupill will also be at 126. I would be surprised if Jojo cut to 113 and doubt Ethan wants to cut to 126 to wrestle Carson when he could easily win 132.

-Agree with Little Johnny on Big Johnny Davis at 285. I saw him wrestle a few times during the offseason and I would have him in the rankings. Wade is solid as well.

-I remember reading the South East Wrestling state of the program article on Signal Mountain and supposedly Jackson Davis has a little brother that is a stud for them at 113. Anyone know anything about him? 

-Agree with Pigeon Forge being a top 3 team as well. I would have it Soddy clear #1, Signal #2, Pigeon Forge #3.

-I would also have Dylan Jackson in the rankings from Pigeon Forge at 190.

-Cris Flockhart (Cocke County) is another to keep an eye on at 285.

-I also think Eagleville is underrated. This may be the best team they have had in school history.

Agree with pretty much everything.  Good insight.