Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

Just now, Riverside80 said:

It sure is a good thing that’s not how it works lol. 

Just now, Riverside80 said:

It sure is a good thing that’s not how it works lol. 

6 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

As an East Homer and someone who has seen Riverside play this year, Tyner last year @JACKET316 @H2Oman @biggest yalls TC and Watertown teams were born 3 years too early. Those 2018-2021 TC and H20 teams would cakewalk through 2A now.

Agree… it sure is unfortunate that it usually works out that way.

Enjoy the run and good luck to both teams! 

I’ve not seen Riverside, but if they can matchup athletically… they would have to be the favorites due to ER being so undisciplined.

13 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

ER is very undisciplined anybody who watched them this year knows that. Brooks I personally don’t think is a great coach. He just happens to have 5 kids or so that have D1 offers on a 2A team. (Almost unheard of) Most coaches in his position and roster wouldn't have lost a game this year and wouldn't have let York creep back. These ER boys looked real great last year too until they ran into some real athletes in Tyner and they turned into turtles. So will see what happens when they face some actual speed and athleticism again. History says they usually underperform. Isaiah Groves (RB) is a great back tho and as a team they have 4-5A speed. Going to be a great game hope both teams show their best.

I’d have to agree with you and @ergrad1989 here. If this team was well coached they would’ve steam rolled everyone this year!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

No doubt. We played Peabody and Martin westview in the semis both just unbelievable teams that eventually blew out there opponents in the championship game

I’m pretty close to some of those westview guys, they told me when they played yall that it was the state championship game In 2021.

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

Agree… it sure is unfortunate that it usually works out that way.

Enjoy the run and good luck to both teams! 

I’ve not seen Riverside, but if they can matchup athletically… they would have to be the favorites due to ER being so undisciplined.

Riverside didn’t match up athletically with Fairley and in my opinion they were the most athletic in 2A so I don’t think Riverside needs to match up athletically with ER they just need to stick with what they’ve done the past 2 weeks which is ball control and playing defense

I’m gonna go 30-14 Riverside 

1 minute ago, RHSPanther15 said:

Riverside didn’t match up athletically with Fairley and in my opinion they were the most athletic in 2A so I don’t think Riverside needs to match up athletically with ER they just need to stick with what they’ve done the past 2 weeks which is ball control and playing defense

I’m gonna go 30-14 Riverside 

Fair enough