Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

2 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I was very curious to why they didn’t use #2 on the outside more. The kid had 6-8 inches on Yorks corners. They did throw his way a few times but it was always a go route and the QB over threw him every time. He never had a chance to make a play on the ball. 

Kid on d was in reverse before they even snapped the ball, all they had to do was throw it too him on the sidelines and let him do his thing. He would have eat them alive.

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

He may be better than Pond schematically, but that don’t make him a good coach. You and me could probably have the above record with the talent he’s been given.

I know the Kids he coaching personally, it’s a tough group to coach. When everyone thinks they should be at bama it’s hard to get kids to listen to you.  Ask anyone involved with the program he preaches everyday the only people that can beat ER is themselves.

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Kid on d was in reverse before they even snapped the ball, all they had to do was throw it too him on the sidelines and let him do his thing. He would have eat them alive.

Yeah I mean they were playin 6-8 yards off because they didn’t wanna give up the big play over the top but dang a hitch or a quick screen and I bet the kid would have 250 receiving yards. 

23 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

Brooks is 24-3 as a head coach. Took over a program that hadn’t had a winning season since 09’. I feel like a few bad apples that are extremely young apples are ruining his reputation. ER had never been past the second round before him and in 2 years he goes to the quarterfinals and the state championship.

No doubt on his success but great coaches are judged in games where you’re not favored by 35 lol if he wins this one he’ll have nudged me a good bit. Having watched him many times like you his schemes and team discipline are terrible. There are not many public schools in any class with this much talent so just winning games is not good enough its gold ball or nothing in a perfect storm like this. 

3 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

No doubt on his success but great coaches are judged in games where you’re not favored by 35 lol if he wins this one he’ll have nudged me a good bit. Having watched him many times like you his schemes and team discipline are terrible. There are not many public schools in any class with this much talent so just winning games is not good enough its gold ball or nothing in a perfect storm like this. 

Second year head coach playing for state. Not sure what else East could ask for! 

3 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Why didn’t ER win before Brooks got to ER. They were still talented always have been??

Theyve never had this much talent and when they came somewhat close to this much several times it was hard to get past the private school and really good TC type teams that have been down for several years. 09’ for example. Add that to many good lower classification players transfer private or higher class at a higher rate now has helped and all the Groves boys thus far have stayed put.

5 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Why didn’t ER win before Brooks got to ER. They were still talented always have been??

But they wasn’t as talented as they are now.

You guys have once in a generational talent up there now… I mean come on… who in 2A ball has 3-5 division 1 players on their roster.

There is not a reason in this world that anyone y’all have played this year should’ve been within 14-21 points from beating you.

• Upvote 1