Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

11 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think you will be impressed with Riverside.
Curious to your thoughts of them after Saturday’s game. 

I’ll give you my thoughts now. They’re a really great football team. Solid balanced offense with a great QB, hard running RB and talented receivers. Defense is really good too. D-line is the second best ER has faced all year, Smith County’s was better imho, LB’s are going to be toughest they’ve seen, and secondary is better than average. Overall the experience of playing in the championship last year will play in their favor. Make no mistake they are the favorites, but East is the more talented team.

Edited by DbCooper

5 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

I’ll give you my thoughts now. They’re a really great football team. Solid balanced offense with a great QB, hard running RB and talented receivers. Defense is really good too. D-line is the second best ER has faced all year, Smith County’s was better imho, LB’s are going to be toughest they’ve seen, and secondary is better than average. Overall the experience of playing in the championship last year will play in their favor. Make no mistake they are the favorites, but East is the more talented team.

Smith’s defensive line was Huge but pretty slow especially the NT I believe riversides smaller quicker D-line will be better equipped to slow down #1 because no one except for maybe #25 for riverside can tackle him 1on1 you have to gang tackle him and everyone getting a hand on him will be needed also Smith county didn’t rotate a lot and those big boys we’re getting tired riverside rolls near 7-8 kids out there on a drive.

46 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

Very good assessment especially not ever seeing them in person. Their Dline is very good. I don’t have anything against ER obviously they are a good team or they wouldn’t be playing Saturday but I’m curious if they can hold their composure. The film I seen lots of mouthing going on.

I can’t wait! Good luck to you and your team. Y’all are going to need it :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

If East can recreate their performance against Smith County a couple weeks ago, especially the first quarter/half, they’ll be really hard to beat.

No penalties, explosive plays, suffocating defense, etc.

Played a perfect first half that day, can only hope they recreate it. On the other hand, could come out and be a Marion County first half game. Never know with this team.