Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

Where all is Desmond Thomas looking at playing at the next level? Kid played his butt off and showed who the best RB on the field was. Funny I was ridiculed for saying if Isiah Groves went for 150 plus ER would win and so many chirped in saying he was going to do that win or lose and likely would get 250. Great performance by Riverside defense holding him under 120 yards. ER cost theirselves in the end on the last drive when it was 3rd and short with the chop block but most that have watched them were holding their breath because it has been a common theme all year. ER will have great chance to be back though. Congratulations again to Riverside! Great season but tell Coach Frost thought to keep his hat on next time on TV. I am just keeping it real

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Where all is Desmond Thomas looking at playing at the next level? Kid played his butt off and showed who the best RB on the field was. Funny I was ridiculed for saying if Isiah Groves went for 150 plus ER would win and so many chirped in saying he was going to do that win or lose and likely would get 250. Great performance by Riverside defense holding him under 120 yards. ER cost theirselves in the end on the last drive when it was 3rd and short with the chop block but most that have watched them were holding their breath because it has been a common theme all year. ER will have great chance to be back though. Congratulations again to Riverside! Great season but tell Coach Frost thought to keep his hat on next time on TV. I am just keeping it real

A few D2 offers he will be playing LB at the next level 

23 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Haha. But Thomas has received a few offers from a few d2 and naia schools for linebacker. Him and a few others have been courted. But yeah I thought dline play was huge for Riverside holding him just over a 100. But that whole defense been doing it holding every team in the playoffs to just one score. Says a lot about this team 

Edited by Bigpun54

On 12/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, Bigpun54 said:

Waited for this moment for over 25 years, the chance to post after a Riverside state championship win. Congratulations to coach  Frost and the team. A well deserved win.

When you write for a small town newspaper you’re not only a writer you become a fan and I’m very proud to b a part of this program and community. Great season Panthers and best of luck to the most heralded senior class in Riverside history 

A great day for Decatur County. Thanks to you for what you do for the program.  Wished my Dad was around to see this. He watched me and my 2 brothers play for 10 years in the 70’s and 80’s for the Panthers and then he spent several years as the PA announcer. He saw the first playoff game in 1981 and many more after that.  Go Panthers!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Haha. But Thomas has received a few offers from a few d2 and naia schools for linebacker. Him and a few others have been courted. But yeah I thought dline play was huge for Riverside holding him just over a 100. But that whole defense been doing it holding every team in the playoffs to just one score. Says a lot about this team 

No doubt the kid played his tail off and the defensive line. Good luck to that young man at the next level. He is a heck of a player. 

• Like 1

I’m a South Pittsburg fan but just wanted you people in Riverside to know you not only have a great coach but more importantly a wonderful man and human being. I watched y’all’s game on tv and afterwards he gave a very classy speech about being so thankful and was so humble doing it.  You guys deserved this championship and hope you really enjoy it and hopefully will be back soon for another because they get sweeter each time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sportman said:

I’m a South Pittsburg fan but just wanted you people in Riverside to know you not only have a great coach but more importantly a wonderful man and human being. I watched y’all’s game on tv and afterwards he gave a very classy speech about being so thankful and was so humble doing it.  You guys deserved this championship and hope you really enjoy it and hopefully will be back soon for another because they get sweeter each time. 

FACT ^

On 12/4/2023 at 1:25 PM, sportman said:

he seems relatable and to really enjoy it and the kids. i agree.