6A Championship- Oakland v. Houston

MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, Haven04 said:

Brentwood was one of the best teams in Middle TN this year and Houston just beat them 28-0. :bored:

No disrespect but Williamson County was not nearly as competitive as they have been in years past. Houston is better than some folks think/ give them credit for but Bretwood was not the world beaters some thought either.

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

No disrespect but Williamson County was not nearly as competitive as they have been in years past. Houston is better than some folks think/ give them credit for but Bretwood was not the world beaters some thought either.

Brentwood lacks in the physicality department.  Good athletes, but less physical.

On 11/27/2023 at 12:04 AM, Biggameburt said:

Oakland by 20

Oakland's championship reign comes to an EMPHATIC end, this Saturday! 

Houston 24

Oakland 17

-------------------------

Houston is disciplined, well coached, stout in the trenches and solid in all 3 phases of the game. 

Oakland will be forced to throw the ball more than they're accustomed.  They will be unsuccessful.  They will lose. 

After a 20-year hiatus, the Gold ball will return to the Suburbs of Memphis -- the City of Germantown's other Public High School, Houston. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, TraderB said:

Oakland's championship reign comes to an EMPHATIC end, this Saturday! 

Houston 24

Oakland 17

-------------------------

Houston is disciplined, well coached, stout in the trenches and solid in all 3 phases of the game. 

Oakland will be forced to throw the ball more than they're accustomed.  They will be unsuccessful.  They will lose. 

After a 20-year hiatus, the Gold ball will return to the Suburbs of Memphis -- the City of Germantown's other Public High School, Houston. 

Don't think either team is going to be throwing it that much Saturday with rain in the forecast for the day before and day of the title game

After watching each team's semifinal each time I'm hear to give my (slightly biased) opinion.......

Houston offense v. Oakland defense: The match-up that the inclement weather will affect the most. I like that Houston sprinkles in a little but of everything,  little bit harder to get a read on their tendencies. Houston does throw the ball more, but most of these passes were to get the ball to their playmaker on the perimeter. 

Sisa is a handful, he can dissappear behind all the size Houston has upfront hits top speed pretty quickly and if he gets past the initial level, only way he's going down is if you got the angle on, not a lot of east-west movement, once he gets the ball he may make one cut then hits it.

Houston does a really good job getting the ball to their playmakers quickly. Oakland has faced better QB's but Houston's is no slouch, he did float one on a obvious passing down, hopefully Oakland can force Houston into those type of situations. Sisa gets most of the praise but #7 hurt Brentwood more than once and #9 is a solid safety valve when things break down. The shovel pass Houston ran in the first half was a beauty

Oakland offense v. Houston defense:

Should be a great matchup. Each line has plenty of size up front. Really impressed by the discipline of Houston that sniffed out screens by Brentwood a few times. Had Baylor Hayes running for his life all night, felt like they were blitzing but alot of times they were just bringing 4. Brentwood was able to hurt them a little over the middle, maybe that's something Oakland can exploit on a 2nd or 3rd & short.

Team speed is as close I've seen to matching Oakland since Center Grove, even if you got them dead to rights on a play, they recover really well. Biggest question I have for the defense is can they hold up to Oakland's running game when so many starters go both ways. Thats hard to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see go tempo a few times just to see if they can tire Houston out a little 

Other factors: 90 percent chance of rain for both Friday and Saturday, this is the kind of game that seems to favor Oakland, not sure how many times Houston will want to risk a quick or shovel pass in those conditions.

I'm sure Houston will refute any idea that their nervous, but there will be a point during the game where it hits them that they are playing for a title,  for the entirety of Oakland's roster, all they've ever known is playing for a gold ball, aside from a couple. This is also a 5 (6 if you count the time change) hour trip for Houston, that's a long time to be on a bus

Factoring all that, I'm taking Oakland,  24-13