6A Championship- Oakland v. Houston

MidTennFootball

17 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I counted Houston out of this one… uhm… I went and watched some of their films.. they’re huge… Oakland won’t be able to size bully them like they did Bradley. I Still give it to Oakland due to handing it to #17 99/100 times but gonna be a grudge match. 

Oakland big. It’s not just Oakland’s size it’s their team speed… you saw that Friday 

Will be tuning into this one. Creasy has been winning games a long time, and has been very successful at winning games when his team doesn't have the talent advantage. Not saying that is the case here. 

I know Oakland has talent, but if it comes down to coaching I will bet on Creasy 10 times out of 10. 

Will be looking forward to this match up, best of luck to both teams. 

over the last 3 or 2 years the Patriots have bout 6 trips cross the goal line /contest and allowed the enemy to cross bout twice /game....and it looked bout the same way in all them Gold ball contest.....this gold ball contest want look much different...

The Blue Cross Championship Gala normally only produces bout 4 good close contest......6A ant gonna be one of them

Patriots collect their 8th Gold Ball.....and Creasy collects his 8th also

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

over the last 3 or 2 years the Patriots have bout 6 trips cross the goal line /contest and allowed the enemy to cross bout twice /game....and it looked bout the same way in all them Gold ball contest.....this gold ball contest want look much different...

The Blue Cross Championship Gala normally only produces bout 4 good close contest......6A ant gonna be one of them

Patriots collect their 8th Gold Ball.....and Creasy collects his 8th also

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

I’d say you’re right. football is kinda like politics… same results every year in every class lol winners stay the same and losers stay the same haha only one that’s different is NFL because there’s too much talent widespread for the same team to dominate every year 

On 11/25/2023 at 10:36 AM, blazer1set said:

This is from an outsider looking in, so keep that in mind.....    From what I have been able to see Oakland just basically lines up and runs the ball right at you for 4 quarters.     Not trying to act like an NFL throw-it-60x type of offense.         Upperman apparently does the same thing and ran all over Greeneville last night.          My opinion, and that's all it is, is that too much emphasis is placed on HS teams trying to run a spread NFL offense with complicated schemes and routes, instead of focusing on doing the basic fundamentals better than all the other teams you play.       It can be done at the HS level for sure, but year-in & year-out very few schools have the skillsets necessary to successfully live and die on a NFL offense.            Now maybe that only works with the right personnel, i.e., O-line that averages 290 plus a group of tough hard-nosed RB's who are not afraid of collision.      Plus, let's face it, 5 yards & a cloud of dust is a rather boring offensive scheme, so could it be that egos demand looking like a mini NFL team?                 Whatever your view on this, keep in mind that Oakland & Upperman are in their respective title games next week while the rest of us are out Christmas shopping.

Agree, run the ball ! Weather not going affect as much on bad nights late Nov. Oakland has seen 9 to11in box all year. I have said OL/DL for Oakland been dominate as they were Friday night , blocking from TE and other backs Friday was impressive against BC talented secondary who were in box all night. Morris had 34 touches so everyone knew who was getting the ball , 4th quarter from mainly Wildcat formation. That's dominating line of scrimmage when you know its a run and who's getting it and still successful.

1 hour ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I’d say you’re right. football is kinda like politics… same results every year in every class lol winners stay the same and losers stay the same haha only one that’s different is NFL because there’s too much talent widespread for the same team to dominate every year 

That and the better you are, the worse your draft pick is gonna be, so it eventually evens itself out.