6A Championship- Oakland v. Houston

MidTennFootball

15 hours ago, TraderB said:

Oakland's championship reign comes to an EMPHATIC end, this Saturday! 

Houston 24

Oakland 17

-------------------------

Houston is disciplined, well coached, stout in the trenches and solid in all 3 phases of the game. 

Oakland will be forced to throw the ball more than they're accustomed.  They will be unsuccessful.  They will lose. 

After a 20-year hiatus, the Gold ball will return to the Suburbs of Memphis -- the City of Germantown's other Public High School, Houston. 

TraderB, good points Oakland has battled penalties (discipline) all year CG worse called game I've seen in a long time. Play out of state chance you take. MJ game one drive over 70 yards in penalties into red zone (no points allowed). BC 70 yards in holding calls , bringing back 3 TDs. I agree some of these penalties are lack of discipline but this team is one of the most physical teams I've watched. They strike rather than tackle and its nothing you can teach. This defense is a hard hitting bunch! Sometimes unexperienced officials throw flags in very hard hitting games, but not in State Championship they know the difference. Offensively , true lack consistent pass but as in BC game Creasy gets frustrated with pass you will be playing 11/11. In BC game that led to 21 points in the 4th against 3 of the top 20 players in the state in the box.  The offense from OLine, TEs, RBs, WRs take great pride in being very physical blockers. Then that leaves someone 1on1 with one of many athletes 17, 5, 15, 7, 1,4, 11,24,8,12. Coach Creasy going for 4 peat, coaching covered. Special teams great kicker very few ko returnable, hit fg from 60, punts as well. Return game any of those athletes I listed can score. I do agree West had some great teams. I also believe it will be a close game but I'm going Oakland. Another big key I believe, all of Oaklands guys with exception of Mr Football have been on this stage before and won them all. Safe travels.

People see a game from Oakland in the playoffs and they think they can't pass but anyone that saw them when Freeman was the sole starter at QB knows that's not the case. He's going to put up some big numbers when he's a senior

There were a few iffy class against CG, but they straight up whipped us. Game could have been at Oakland and UT wouldn't have made much difference.  CG has been a top 30-40 team in the country all year and it showed.

If you want to see an TN team getting screwed over in a out of state game ask @Blaze45 about the time Blackman traveled to Bowling Green

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

People see a game from Oakland in the playoffs and they think they can't pass but anyone that saw them when Freeman was the sole starter at QB knows that's not the case. He's going to put up some big numbers when he's a senior

There were a few iffy class against CG, but they straight up whipped us. Game could have been at Oakland and UT wouldn't have made much difference.  CG has been a top 30-40 team in the country all year and it showed.

If you want to see an TN team getting screwed over in a out of state game ask @Blaze45 about the time Blackman traveled to Bowling Green

Oakland can throw it when they want to. And when they do, he'll be wide open.

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Red Rebels Rules of Tackle Football (Abridged)

1. The tight end is always open.

2. Never play a HS football game in Kentucky.

8 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Red Rebels Rules of Tackle Football (Abridged)

1. The tight end is always open.

2. Never play a HS football game in Kentucky.

One of the things I really liked about Quarles is using the TE up the seam and it was open EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

Oakland was fortunate I guess,  our game at Christian County was called pretty fairly. I've heard Alcoa didn't have the same luck when they went to Corbin

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

On 11/29/2023 at 7:11 PM, TraderB said:

Oakland's championship reign comes to an EMPHATIC end, this Saturday! 

Houston 24

Oakland 17

-------------------------

Houston is disciplined, well coached, stout in the trenches and solid in all 3 phases of the game. 

Oakland will be forced to throw the ball more than they're accustomed.  They will be unsuccessful.  They will lose. 

After a 20-year hiatus, the Gold ball will return to the Suburbs of Memphis -- the City of Germantown's other Public High School, Houston. 

This guy is Bradleysports23 cousin that lives in West TN.

Cool thoughts, but I’ll take O. 

8 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Cougars got theirs, Patriots get yours!  If you do, it will be the closest two champions have resided in state history. Runner up is DA & CPA in 2020 and 2018, but they are 6 miles apart versus the 3.3 miles between MTCS and Oakland.

Great win for the Cougs yesterday.   Congrats!  RuCo representing!

On 11/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, Blaze45 said:

No disrespect but Williamson County was not nearly as competitive as they have been in years past. Houston is better than some folks think/ give them credit for but Brentwood was not the world beaters some thought either.

I agree Middle TN did seem down outside of Oakland, Riverdale, and Brentwood. I know what a monster Oakland is but they played a mediocre schedule in comparison to Houston due to the Middle TN being not as competitive like you stated. If Houston can match Oakland’s physicality which I think they can then they have a good shot to upset the champs.