For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

8 minutes ago, Deeper said:

U.T. Martin would be the best location in west Tennessee.   To the best of my knowledge there has not been a state championship game played in west TN since the TSSAA quit having them at one of the two teams home field.  That is unacceptable.

They went to a bid selection. They send out requests for bids each contract cycle and the “best” bid given compensation and accommodations gets the contract. I 100% agree it should be centrally located (Nashville) to be the most fair it can be but no one in the Nashville or west has any interest in hosting it apparently. If UTM or Memphis or wherever doesn’t want it it’s not like you can force them or if UTC or Tech submit a better proposal what else would you do. I do think Chattanooga is not fair for west teams but we have 2.5 hour travel to some region games (by bus, imagine how long it takes me to hitchhike in heels!), 5 hours for a championship game would be fine by me. I just want the best atmosphere and venue for that weekend. MTSU was awful I agree and Tech field was in bad shape towards the end. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

They went to a bid selection. They send out requests for bids each contract cycle and the “best” bid given compensation and accommodations gets the contract. I 100% agree it should be centrally located (Nashville) to be the most fair it can be but no one in the Nashville or west has any interest in hosting it apparently. If UTM or Memphis or wherever doesn’t want it it’s not like you can force them or if UTC or Tech submit a better proposal what else would you do. I do think Chattanooga is not fair for west teams but we have 2.5 hour travel to some region games (by bus, imagine how long it takes me to hitchhike in heels!), 5 hours for a championship game would be fine by me. 

For the geographically challenged, Chattanooga is 3.5 hours from Johnson City.

Chattanooga is not a bad location.

3 minutes ago, toinemac said:

Not gonna call it on a fumble scramble 

Obviously.  But the can and they should.  That boy was on his knees hand on that ball and perfectly still for 3-4 seconds before that thug charged into his helmet.  What kind of dumbazz are you to agree with that no call.

• Upvote 1