Way Too Early 2A Predictions

TheLongestYard

On 12/3/2023 at 1:04 PM, 1983 said:

the talent will be around for the next several years 

I wouldn't be so sure of that. When you look at 4 year cycles, 2024 will be the end of a window for Huntingdon. Everyone said when this current junior class were 8th graders that this team was going to be special. Yes, they've been very successful, but ultimately have fallen short. We will have a major senior class graduate next year, and I could foresee some drop off after they're gone.

I saw a few things from a couple sophomores and freshmen that give me some hope that we can have some kids step up and not fall off a cliff after next year. Seems Huntingdon almost always have talent coming up, but if we don't win gold next year I could see a 2-3 year span before we are legit contenders again.

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. When you look at 4 year cycles, 2024 will be the end of a window for Huntingdon. Everyone said when this current junior class were 8th graders that this team was going to be special. Yes, they've been very successful, but ultimately have fallen short. We will have a major senior class graduate next year, and I could foresee some drop off after they're gone.

I saw a few things from a couple sophomores and freshmen that give me some hope that we can have some kids step up and not fall off a cliff after next year. Seems Huntingdon almost always have talent coming up, but if we don't win gold next year I could see a 2-3 year span before we are legit contenders again.

If Huntingdon figures out the shortcomings y’all are going to be a real problem this next football season.

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Until the coaching staff shows they can make adjustments when needed, we won't be going nowhere, but home. I hate to sound like Forest fans, but it's the same thing every year. Bad play calling will get you sent home every time against good teams. But I agree with you, if not next year, it will be a while before we are in the mix again, but then again, it seems we say that too often and it continues to be the next year, every year.

31 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Until the coaching staff shows they can make adjustments when needed, we won't be going nowhere, but home. I hate to sound like Forest fans, but it's the same thing every year. Bad play calling will get you sent home every time against good teams. But I agree with you, if not next year, it will be a while before we are in the mix again, but then again, it seems we say that too often and it continues to be the next year, every year.

I don’t see that being the case. The coaching adjustments, yes. I couldn’t agree more. But the athletes coming through in this years freshman class, especially linemen, is going to be special. Defensively there are some sophomore kids that really get after the ball. Not to mention some kids that are hard nosed, especially in the backfield, in the upcoming freshman class. I think Huntingdon has 3 or 4 special years ahead. 

28 minutes ago, Waker said:

I don’t see that being the case. The coaching adjustments, yes. I couldn’t agree more. But the athletes coming through in this years freshman class, especially linemen, is going to be special. Defensively there are some sophomore kids that really get after the ball. Not to mention some kids that are hard nosed, especially in the backfield, in the upcoming freshman class. I think Huntingdon has 3 or 4 special years ahead. 

And my assessment on that is solely based off hearsay and what I read on here. I'm not close to the school or the kids. I hope that is the case because we are losing some special kids this year and next. After the butt whooping we got to begin the season and them showing everyone how resilient and tough they are, I really thought this was going to be the year. I knew we were going to eventually go through Riverside to get there, but I just knew we were going to pull it off. I will always criticize the coaches (if needed), but have never doubted the kids ability to grind it out. I love my stangs and this community! I've always valued yours and croppys input on here, so here's to hoping you're right and being able to push through this "curse" 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Yes I agree the next 3/4 years Huntingdon will be good.  

4 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Huntingdon is always in the mix, very consistent program.  Not sure I have ever seen Huntingdon fall off a cliff.  That’s the great thing about combining classes if one class isn’t that strong another usually makes up for them.  I feel good about the future.

48 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

And my assessment on that is solely based off hearsay and what I read on here. I'm not close to the school or the kids. I hope that is the case because we are losing some special kids this year and next. After the butt whooping we got to begin the season and them showing everyone how resilient and tough they are, I really thought this was going to be the year. I knew we were going to eventually go through Riverside to get there, but I just knew we were going to pull it off. I will always criticize the coaches (if needed), but have never doubted the kids ability to grind it out. I love my stangs and this community! I've always valued yours and croppys input on here, so here's to hoping you're right and being able to push through this "curse" 

Same here, buddy. I feel lucky to get to watch these boys year in and year out. Not many schools or communities or kids that get to experience what we get to here. I think we will get some gold in the case in the next few years. Maybe in a few different sports. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Huntingdon is always in the mix, very consistent program.  Not sure I have ever seen Huntingdon fall off a cliff.  That’s the great thing about combining classes if one class isn’t that strong another usually makes up for them.  I feel good about the future.

The only year I would consider us falling off, and forgive me I don't remember what year that was, but it was the year they changed the helmets to resemble Michigans helmets. We had an off year and they went right back to the old helmets the next year lol

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Another thing about Huntingdon football is that these kids are homegrown. As far back as I can remember. You can look back at pictures of these kids from youth league and they are there, wearing blue and gold. Running up and down the isles of the stadium and on the hillside wearing jerseys of their favorite players on the field from the time they can walk.

Edited by Waker

49 minutes ago, Waker said:

Same here, buddy. I feel lucky to get to watch these boys year in and year out. Not many schools or communities or kids that get to experience what we get to here. I think we will get some gold in the case in the next few years. Maybe in a few different sports. 

I sure hope so. Would be nice to go witness and experience a win at state. I was a sophomore in 2004 when we got beat by Alcoa and was at the game in 2012 when we lost a 1 point heartbreaker to Gordonsville. I actually didn't hate that 2 point play call at the end. I don't think it would have mattered either way, Gordonvilles RB was a beast!