2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

In terms of the playoffs:              It's almost certain the eastern side (Regions 1 - 4) will be represented by a school in the Knoxville area.      None of the schools in Tri-cities or Chattanooga have a chance.      No way to know for sure but the state champion will come from one of these:

Henry County
Knox West
Oak Ridge
Page
Powell

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

In terms of the playoffs:              It's almost certain the eastern side (Regions 1 - 4) will be represented by a school in the Knoxville area.      None of the schools in Tri-cities or Chattanooga have a chance.      No way to know for sure but the state champion will come from one of these:

Henry County
Knox West
Oak Ridge
Page
Powell

Good list, but I'd add Southwind and Beech to that. Southwind is returning a QB that won Mr. Football as a Soph and Beech is very talented but was young last year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Henry County
Knox West
Oak Ridge
Page
Powell

Don't know much about HC or Page but they always seem to be in the mix so I would tend to agree with you there. OR loses a bunch of stud athletes that were wasted. West will reload like they have been since Lamar figured out how to get the kids and the same for Lowe. Lowe's life without Jones has still been successful so far we will see how he is able to get the talent in now.

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Good list, but I'd add Southwind and Beech to that. Southwind is returning a QB that won Mr. Football as a Soph and Beech is very talented but was young last year 

I forgot about Beech, good catch.                 I did not include Southwind because this is first time they have ever gotten past the 2nd round so I was thinking they were more of an anomaly, but you never know, so we will include them for now

On 12/6/2023 at 1:09 PM, footballknox said:

Powell is losing their entire o-line to graduation minus one.  I wonder if they have boys to fill those shoes.  They had one of the best o-lines in the state. 

Yup, that's the big question for Powell. They also lose Soles at DE, but they essentially return everyone else on offense and defense.