TN Wrestling Coach's Poll for 20 December 2023

ArtusCimber

1 hour ago, WrestlingGod said:

Nolensville over Father Ryan today 39-36

It's worth noting in the loss to Brentwood and Nolensville they were docked a point for unsportsmanlike  

Just clicked Track and it looks like Ryan forfeited at 106 again today. Back to back days and would have won both matches vs Brentwood and Nolensville. I know Pat Simpson would not use that as an excuse, because every team has to wrestle through adversity through out every season (Also, it was previously mentioned by a poster that both Brentwood and Ryan had guys out yesterday, but not sure about Nolensville)

Brentwood, Nolensville and Summit are going to be fun to watch in Williamson County in January and February!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Volgrappledad said:

Don't be so fast to give Tran a pin.  Brentwood has 2 106 lb kids that have been ranked by Pin 10.  Hazard is currently 6th and lost close matches to Barton and Deitrick. And again, Brentwood 113 was not there and he is ranked 2nd. 

It would have been at least a tech. Tran is animal at 106. 

12 minutes ago, FR615 said:

It would have been at least a tech. Tran is animal at 106. 

I don’t believe that, he’s good but an animal is a little much! The animal competition he’s wrestled this year has beat him, since he has 2 losses already (first period pin and teched) on the season, those guys would be animals to me. I do think he wins by decision or maybe Major, just not sure about a guaranteed tech as you say. 

Edited by cobrakid8

31 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I don’t believe that, he’s good but an animal is a little much! The animal competition he’s wrestled this year has beat him, since he has 2 losses already (first period pin and teched) on the season, those guys would be animals to me. I do think he wins by decision or maybe Major, just not sure about a guaranteed tech as you say. 

Pin...first period. Ignorant to think otherwise.

Congrats to Brentwood and Nolensville

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cbg said:

IMO, Father Ryan lost to both Brentwood and Nolensville and there should be absolutely no excuses.  Apparently FR is not wrestling very well as they also lost to Union County, KY.  It could be the Irish are not as good as advertised this season.

They do this every year and formulate a fantastic lineup for state. Plus they have pretty much everyone back from last year. 

Edited by FR615

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I’m not sure who you think could beat him In Tennessee at 106. Cordero? Lane?  He has wrestled in some extremely tough tournaments this year. 

Edited by FR615