TN Wrestling Coach's Poll for 20 December 2023

ArtusCimber

36 minutes ago, FR615 said:

I’m not sure who you think could beat him In Tennessee at 106. Cordero? Lane?  He has wrestled in some extremely tough tournaments this year. 

Yep and got pummeled at them, I said he wasn’t an animal because that would be compared to everyone not just other TN kids. So he’s good and good for TN, but he got pinned in 1st round and TF without even scoring a point in 2nd period. That doesn’t happen to an animal, sorry if you don’t agree. But since he didn’t wrestle for whatever reason you can guess he wins by TF guaranteed as you said but you have no way of proving that and in the end he didn’t. 

14 hours ago, 615Rasslin said:

Crazy you would say that considering Ryan has a stream up right now showing the entire team going through a line shaking every member of the staff’s hands

Glad to hear that.  Coach Pat would never tolerate a lack of sportsmanship. I personally saw it at the Brentwood match where the 120 and 157 pound Ryan wrestlers refused the traditional coach's handshake after each match. Thankful that has been corrected. Looking forward to some great wrestling here in middle TN. Four really strong teams with Ryan, Summit, Brentwood and Nolensville. 

14 hours ago, cbg said:

IMO, Father Ryan lost to both Brentwood and Nolensville and there should be absolutely no excuses.  Apparently FR is not wrestling very well as they also lost to Union County, KY.  It could be the Irish are not as good as advertised this season.

Union is a different!  I don't believe Ryan has beaten them in years.  That Union team also does very well at the Drennan.

6 hours ago, KidGloves said:

Different divisions AND weights at the moment but if Workman were to drop to 106 post Christmas, I think he’d beat Tran. 

If Drew drops, and idk why he wouldn’t if he can make the weight, he’s immediately the favorite at 106. already has 2 wins over Cordero this year. 

4 hours ago, westernwrestler said:

Wow Father Ryan should have never let Damon walk. 

Father Ryan is still the hands down favorite to win DII once they get Tran back.  It will be close between them and McCallie because of matchups, but Father Ryan will get their lineup set before too long!  

Edited by BobCorker
error
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

Father Ryan is still the hands down favorite to win DII once they get Tran back.  It will be close between them and McCallie because of matchups, but Father Ryan will get their lineup set before too long!  

Mccallie isn’t even in the conversation. They are good with a full lineup but they can’t beat Father Ryan or Baylor yet. Not a chance. 

Edited by FR615