TN Wrestling Coach's Poll for 20 December 2023

ArtusCimber

1 hour ago, BobCorker said:

Father Ryan is still the hands down favorite to win DII once they get Tran back.  It will be close between them and McCallie because of matchups, but Father Ryan will get their lineup set before too long!  

Baylor is the favorite in DII. 

McCallie is young, but has some really good light weights and the back end is tough too! 

48 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

IMO, BobCorker is from Chattanooga and just adding some message board trolling and fuel to the fire on the bulletin board for Baylor and McCallie. (Those programs don’t need it)

He has done nothing but talk about Mccallie’s greatness the last year. Def not building up Baylor. Father Ryan has a lineup that can go toe to toe with Baylor. Mccallie can’t compete with either. They will get crushed 132-190 

Edited by FR615

1 hour ago, FR615 said:

He has done nothing but talk about Mccallie’s greatness the last year. Def not building up Baylor. Father Ryan has a lineup that can go toe to toe with Baylor. Mccallie can’t compete with either. They will get crushed 132-190 

Idk, losing to Brentwood AND Nolensville down only 1 starter doesn’t make me think they’re going to come anywhere near Baylor.

33 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Idk, losing to Brentwood AND Nolensville down only 1 starter doesn’t make me think they’re going to come anywhere near Baylor.

34 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Father Ryan left out a few upper weights too. We will see. Baylor is stacked too. My point is Mccallie isn’t ready 

I don't have a dog in this fight nor do I know each team in depth but from my perspective 

McCallie pins at hwt, 215, 190 and probably 175. 

FR Dec at 165 and pins at 157.

They trade Dec at 150 and 144.

138, 132 and 126 are pins for FR.

McCallie pins at 120 and at 113.

FR with 6 at 106. 

Close enough that if someone gets unexpectedly caught it could mean the difference.  Am I close? 

3 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I don't have a dog in this fight nor do I know each team in depth but from my perspective 

FR with 6 at 106. 

Close enough that if someone gets unexpectedly caught it could mean the difference.  Am I close? 

I respect the analysis. Always fun to discuss what could happen 30+ days from now with teams.

Who wrestles at 120 for McCallie vs State Champ and National Prep All American, Joe Calvin to pin him?

3 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

FR with 6 at 106. 

Personally I think it's a close match if all are healthy. I think MC wins majority of lighter weights and probably all upper weights with FR dominating middle weights. Just dont see Tran,when healthy again, pinning Lane at 106 and dont see Flint or even Calvin (does he go 120) pinning Villars at 26. Am I missing something?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SportsTNFan said:

I respect the analysis. Always fun to discuss what could happen 30+ days from now with teams.

Who wrestles at 120 for McCallie vs State Champ and National Prep All American, Joe Calvin to pin him?

I had him pinning for 6 at 126. If he drops he still pins for 6 at 120 but then McCallie likely pins at 126 so it's a wash. 

Not trying to start anything,  I don't have a favorite.  I literally know one kid between the two schools.  The Austin Weaver kid for FR is a very nice young man,  met him last year. 

I was just basing this off current line ups and rankwrestlers 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FR615 said:

lane vs tran- GREAT match up. If both are healthy, i give a slight edge to Tran bc hes been more active latlety.

villars vs calvin- slight edge to calvin....but villars coukd definitely win this match

• Upvote 1