AE job open

OrangePylon

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

My best guess from reading some of your whiny post, .........you are a Bearden Fan!:rolleyes:

No wonder you hate Alcoa! :lol:

Here's ya a pic of you dawgs getting blown up and fumbling the ball! 

TSSAA football: Alcoa vs Bearden in Knoxville Tennessee

BTW,..... how did the lights going out, BEFORE the F5 Tornadoes pounded the rock 99 yards down the dawgs throat for the game winning TD, ....really have an effect??   Maybe.....Just a BigTime EXCUSE?? :roflolk:

Looks like a pass interference that's never called when it comes to Alcoa 

5 hours ago, RiverRat95 said:

What is the snag with Stevens? Not one outlet reporting he was hired. Has this been confirmed by anyone official?

Stevens is having to complete some things with KCS that's the hold up, yes its not making sense that its taking this long even though he's worked with KCS before.  They're making it hard for both AE and Stevens.  Once he finish up with what he's having to do, an official announcement will be made.  I think the whole state is hoping Stevens don't get heard because yall already know he's about to get AE back right.  

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

My best guess from reading some of your whiny post, .........you are a Bearden Fan!:rolleyes:

No wonder you hate Alcoa! :lol:

Here's ya a pic of you dawgs getting blown up and fumbling the ball! 

TSSAA football: Alcoa vs Bearden in Knoxville Tennessee

BTW,..... how did the lights going out, BEFORE the F5 Tornadoes pounded the rock 99 yards down the dawgs throat for the game winning TD, ....really have an effect??   Maybe.....Just a BigTime EXCUSE?? :roflolk:

Know l know you are wasty your time.

Close resource from HR says it’s not likely to happen. But also, I’m not sure you have seen AE play very much. They are nowhere close to “being back” whatever that means. They lack numbers, talent, resources, and the schedule is not favorable. It’s going to be a long road to being successful. SS was not successful in middle tn with way more athletes. Just sayin 

20 hours ago, RiverRat95 said:

Close resource from HR says it’s not likely to happen. But also, I’m not sure you have seen AE play very much. They are nowhere close to “being back” whatever that means. They lack numbers, talent, resources, and the schedule is not favorable. It’s going to be a long road to being successful. SS was not successful in middle tn with way more athletes. Just sayin 

Outsiders always hating!!!!  Numbers are going up at AE and what you mean schedule isn't favorable?  Let's talk:

1.  William Blount

2.  South Doyle

3.  Carter-

4.  Grace Christian

5.Kingston- 

6.  Pigeon Forge-

7.  Scott-

8.  Union County -

9. Alcoa- 

10.  Gatlinburg Pittman-

So explain to me why its not favorable?  Secondly, if Staton isn't hire, then Graham will get the job both have been head coach at AE and know how to get the kids out of the hallway back on the football field.  SO don't count AE out its not a laughable job and its not as bad as many of you are saying.  

Edited by Turtle

Sad to see someone make an excuse for every single loss on the schedule. No kids are excited to play for an old timer coach. Many have been approached and have interest in transferring. Reality is reality. Nothing you can say to avoid the actual truth of the AE issues and walls in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RiverRat95 said:

Nobody can win at La Vergne. The school has been open since the late 80’s and has a total of 2 playoff victories, one by SS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RiverRat95 said:

Sad to see someone make an excuse for every single loss on the schedule. No kids are excited to play for an old timer coach. Many have been approached and have interest in transferring. Reality is reality. Nothing you can say to avoid the actual truth of the AE issues and walls in front of them. 

No excuses made, that's how our season played out last year and you still didn't answer my question, how is that schedule not favorable?  Also, with all these openings is AE the only school that could've hired a "young" up coming coach?  AE isn't a place where first timer young coaches get their first jig sir.  AE is filled with rich tradition ready to get back to the old days.  Because you have personally hate Stevens doesn't mean he can't come in and turn AE around.  He's won at every program he's been at.  Just sit back and quit hating on AE and continue thinking because he won in the 2000's doesn't means he can win in 2024 and beyond.   

• Sad 1

You are Laughable. But also it’s endearing that you believe so much in your team. so hats off to you. 

I don’t know SS. Just read about. He may be best coach ever. He hasn’t “Won everywhere” though. So don’t lie. He had A(ONE) winning season at LaVergne. He is OLD. He Isn’t going to excite the team. He certainly Isn’t going to compete with the top teams in 3A football regardless of how good he can coach. He is unlikely to be able to form a quality staff. Sorry. That’s the reality. Probably isn’t even going to matter. He’s likely not getting the job. I think they end up not getting it worked out and go to one of their candidates currently employed by KCS. Just the scuttlebutt downtown anyway.