AAA Basketball

Tigers615

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman vs Southside in the finals. UHS once again state champs 

As a SS alum, I'd take it. Heck there was one point in the '23-24 year that I was concerned we'd even make the region title game. But alas, we've gotten better as we've went along.

The only team I'm really worried about is Dyersburg. We've heard all year long about how good they are. Now we'll find out in the first round.

If SS gets past the first round, I like our chances to wind up in the title game.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

1 hour ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

As a SS alum, I'd take it. Heck there was one point in the '23-24 year that I was concerned we'd even make the region title game. But alas, we've gotten better as we've went along.

The only team I'm really worried about is Dyersburg. We've heard all year long about how good they are. Now we'll find out in the first round.

If SS gets past the first round, I like our chances to wind up in the title game.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

We scrimmaged them early November. They are the real deal "when" they are dialed in. 3 D-1 players is what I hear. South Gibson upset them so they can be beat. South Side will match up with them probably better than any team all year. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

We scrimmaged them early November. They are the real deal "when" they are dialed in. 3 D-1 players is what I hear. South Gibson upset them so they can be beat. South Side will match up with them probably better than any team all year. 

Should be a dandy first round matchup. Can’t wait to watch it

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be interesting. Heritage seems to be playing well. Dyersburg South Side will be a dogfight for sure. Y'all get by Greenville very possible y'all meet South Gibson who has beat Dyersburg. Then again I am speculating here so you never know. 

Heritage looked great. Any of these teams can win at this point. I’m interested seeing these west teams. 

7 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Heritage looked great. Any of these teams can win at this point. I’m interested seeing these west teams. 

Heritage impressed me. I’m definitely looking forward to watching them in person. There has always been a lot of athletes in the Maryville area, so I’m not surprised. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You’re right when we’re on will be tough to beat but we haven’t been on in a while 

3 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

SS will have to beat some very good teams to get there. Tough draw for sure. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree with everything you just said. But want to point the one time SG beat Dyersburg it was without Cincinnati commit and region mvp Joya Crawford. She was out with an injury. The other times they played and she was in the game Dyersburg won all of them.

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with everything you just said. But want to point the one time SG beat Dyersburg it was without Cincinnati commit and region mvp Joya Crawford. She was out with an injury. The other times they played and she was in the game Dyersburg won all of them.

I watched the region championship between Dyersburg and South Gibson. Crawford played that game. Dyersburg ended up winning by 5 but was trailing going into the 4th qtr.

Dyersburg has the most talent in AAA - 3 guards that will likely play D1 basketball. However, they don’t always play like the most talented team in AAA. They have the guard play to handle South Side’s pressure but they also could turn on each other and lose by double digits. No Dyersburg outcome will surprise me this week. They could win the gold ball or lose in the first round.

29 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

17 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

SS will have to beat some very good teams to get there. Tough draw for sure. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Never know what will happen. South Gibson has Embry who used to coach Summertown. She knocked out Clarkrange 3 or 4 years ago. I did know Crawford was out but they are still loaded. Embry is not going to get intimidated by any team up here. Just saying she liked to beat Dyersburg in the Region Championsip. South Side has the experience. Well coached. Upperman always tough. Never know in the Glass House. 

24 minutes ago, maddams said:

I watched the region championship between Dyersburg and South Gibson. Crawford played that game. Dyersburg ended up winning by 5 but was trailing going into the 4th qtr.

Dyersburg has the most talent in AAA - 3 guards that will likely play D1 basketball. However, they don’t always play like the most talented team in AAA. They have the guard play to handle South Side’s pressure but they also could turn on each other and lose by double digits. No Dyersburg outcome will surprise me this week. They could win the gold ball or lose in the first round.

I totally agree.