Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

3 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

oh no no no you're wrong. if bosken and knox left the entire cleveland program would crumble and wither away into non existance. them and them alone get the glory of the blue raiders success :roll:

Thats usually how it works. Them along with the army of pretty dang good coaches with them.

The hate is real.

Cant wait to hear this in a few years when we are winning Championships

For comparison sake,  look at what happened with Grundy, Virginia's wrestling team.  

Wealthy local businessman wanted to support the football team with a lot of funding.  Got told they'd take the money but nothing else. He declined. 

They had a wrestling program that was small,  poor and didn't win a lot.  Businessman decided that's where he'd focus. He poured about 1mil into it.  Best coaches,  facilities and tournaments. Check out the results.  

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Do you realize that Soddy IS doing what Cleveland has been doing?

We are a few years out still, but when we get their I hope people realize that the only way you achieve success is working, not money. Money didn't get us going, a vision and the fact that we want to win.

Stop embarrassing us.

I do know you are trying to follow a similiar program to what Cleveland is doing, I also know they have some of the best coaches in the south also for their program from Ulric to Shane as well as Andrew helping lead the charge!  I'm grateful they have put that effort into the program where before we had been left in the dust by Hixson as well as Signal. 

If I am embarrassing you, maybe you need to use your actual brain and understand that just like EVERYTHING in this world, having money opens a heck of a lot of doors that aren't available for everyone else! If you find that as embarrassing to the program, I hate to break it to you that maybe you aren't thinking very well! 

6 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Thats usually how it works. Them along with the army of pretty dang good coaches with them.

The hate is real.

Cant wait to hear this in a few years when we are winning Championships

good lord....i genuinely don't understand how this goes over every person from cleveland's head....

IF THEY ALL LEFT HE'D JUST BRING IN MORE TOP TIER COACHES. 

His money gives ALL of you access to things the rest of the state isnt privy to. Does anybody blame you? NO. 

NOBODY is hating on you for getting things the rest of the state doesnt get. We'd ALL take it if we had the opportunity. 

What annoys everybody is you acting as if, and now flat out saying, that the money doesn't help you in any way shape or form. JUST ADMIT IT DOES AND WE'D ALL GO AWAY. 

4 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I do know you are trying to follow a similiar program to what Cleveland is doing, I also know they have some of the best coaches in the south also for their program from Ulric to Shane as well as Andrew helping lead the charge!  I'm grateful they have put that effort into the program where before we had been left in the dust by Hixson as well as Signal. 

If I am embarrassing you, maybe you need to use your actual brain and understand that just like EVERYTHING in this world, having money opens a heck of a lot of doors that aren't available for everyone else! If you find that as embarrassing to the program, I hate to break it to you that maybe you aren't thinking very well! 

But you and many others are saying, without the money you wont have similar success.

If we start a dominant run, is it because someone was giving us money?

Soddy is restoring the history it once had.....did Steve Henry build his program off money?

So yes, you are embarrassing our program. You should know better than anyone.

Now, we are getting sponsorships to help us do certain things and give iur kids better opportunities.....what program doesn't do that?

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

good lord....i genuinely don't understand how this goes over every person from cleveland's head....

IF THEY ALL LEFT HE'D JUST BRING IN MORE TOP TIER COACHES. 

His money gives ALL of you access to things the rest of the state isnt privy to. Does anybody blame you? NO. 

NOBODY is hating on you for getting things the rest of the state doesnt get. We'd ALL take it if we had the opportunity. 

What annoys everybody is you acting as if, and now flat out saying, that the money doesn't help you in any way shape or form. JUST ADMIT IT DOES AND WE'D ALL GO AWAY. 

You don't think the Cleveland kids would follow Bosken/Knox?

12 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

But you and many others are saying, without the money you wont have similar success.

If we start a dominant run, is it because someone was giving us money?

Soddy is restoring the history it once had.....did Steve Henry build his program off money?

So yes, you are embarrassing our program. You should know better than anyone.

Now, we are getting sponsorships to help us do certain things and give iur kids better opportunities.....what program doesn't do that?

Since you don't seem to understand! 

I love Coach Henry, but did he have ANYWHERE CLOSE to the same level of success that Cleveland has? I remember a few 2nd and 3rd place state finishes and very few 1st place finishes, Cleveland is in another stratosphere compared to ANY program in TN HISTORY for any sport! 

If you have a dominant run at Soddy, do you think you would have the same in large school division? I know it's what we have now, but I remember when we Soddy competed with Bradley, Franklin(another school that has disappeared), Overton and even before the D2 split we competed with Baylor and McCallie! Would that happen now?

Also go ask Ulric and Shane and see if they do not think with a million dollars or so they couldnt get that program up and humming even quicker than they are already doing ALONG with building a powerhouse that might even be able to compete if they were in large school? Money makes EVERYTHING easier, its the reason why private schools are private, why the best wrestling teams in the country like Blair do what they do each and every year, to not see that is one of the most foolish things I have ever heard and to imagine having a budget like a Blair as a public school and think that wouldn't help is laughable! 

Also, I am not trying to belittle Clevelands program, just like I'm not with Soddy's! But if you solely think hard work out there is the only reason people succeed to the level of a Cleveland there is no talking to you or reasoning with you! There are millions of hard working coaches across the country that don't have a fraction of the success Cleveland has had but are great even amazing coaches! heck, I would have loved to have seen what coach Henry would have done with a million dollar benefactor for the program back in the day!

Edited by cobrakid8

Just now, Ummmno said:

You dont think other kids would come in?

Do you realize how good their kids club is right now?

They have 2 8th graders that would win State Titles this year (one of them would have won as a 7th grader)

If anyone is moving anywhere, its where they go. 

Hard pill to swallow for most, unless you are at these youth competitions and see.

• Like 1

Just now, Rasslinking said:

Do you realize how good their kids club is right now?

They have 2 8th graders that would win State Titles this year (one of them would have won as a 7th grader)

If anyone is moving anywhere, its where they go. 

Hard pill to swallow for most, unless you are at these youth competitions and see.

I cant. You just keep dodging the point. You guys are all absolutely delusional. 

I want you to understand something too. Cleveland is the punchline to EVERY wrestling joke in the state. For this reason. Because of the Cleveland parents and fans. Its borderline cult like behavior. 

If every good kid and every top coach at that program left tomorrow by the weekend he'd have it back to where it is today. 

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

Since you don't seem to understand! 

I love Coach Henry, but did he have ANYWHERE CLOSE to the same level of success that Cleveland has? I remember a few 2nd and 3rd place state finishes and very few 1st place finishes, Cleveland is in another stratosphere compared to ANY program in TN! 

If you have a dominant run at Soddy, do you think you would have the same in large school division? I know it's what we have now, but I remember when we Soddy competed with Bradley, Franklin(another school that has disappeared), Overton and even before the D2 split we competed with Baylor and McCallie! Would that happen now?

Also go ask Ulric and Shane and see if they do not think with a million dollars or so they couldnt get that program up and humming even quicker than they are already doing ALONG with building a powerhouse that might even be able to compete if they were in large school? Money makes EVERYTHING easier, its the reason why private schools are private, why the best wrestling teams in the country like Blair do what they do each and every year, to not see that is one of the most foolish things I have ever heard and to imagine having a budget like a blair as a public school and think that wouldnt help is laughable! 

But they did it without money

Kyle James?

Kevin Ward?

Jake Yost?

John Lane?

Cambell Lewis?

You think money got those guys good?

Weather or not a bunch of money would have may it easier is irrelevant..... bc they still did it.

13 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

But they did it without money

Kyle James?

Kevin Ward?

Jake Yost?

John Lane?

Cambell Lewis?

You think money got those guys good?

Weather or not a bunch of money would have may it easier is irrelevant..... bc they still did it.

Again, did we win the state titles that Cleveland is now??????  Soddy has 4 state titles in their entire history as a program, Cleveland has that in the past 4 years! 

Kevin didn't come from Soddy, he started at Red Bank just like his brother, Henry talked them into coming to wrestle at Soddy instead of staying at Red Bank, same with Rabbit. So yeah we have had some really good wrestlers, some good kids that came through the kids club back in the day, BUT AGAIN, were we EVER as dominant as Cleveland is right now? But dang sure I would put Henry and Ashley against about any pair of coaches in the country! YET we were never dominant, rarely won state but yet Cleveland is about to rattle off 7 in a row with no sign of stopping and and they won 3 in a row 2013, 2014, 2015 before having a few off years before they came roaring back! 

Also, since you would prob be in the know, what is the budget of SDWA?  How far away are you from 54,000 as your club budget, or have you been anywhere close to 134k in the past 5 years? 

Edited by cobrakid8