West Tennessee Head Coaching Openings

Dyersburg had a lot of seniors this year, but they always reload. Coach Stowe and company always do a great job.  Covington is going to be loaded this year and lost vey little to graduation, their sophomore class is loaded as well. I don't see Covington taking a step back for a while. Covington also had Westview's number in McConnell's previous stint as well as 3 out of the 4 years of Ty Simpson's high school career. Ripley was pretty young as well and didn't lose much, they will have a larger senior class this year as well. I believe Westview will be good, but to say that these teams won't have a say so would be in injustice. I think it is safe to say that these 4 teams will represent the region in the playoffs most years. I will also say that it will be a sweep in the playoffs and there will be a rematch for some of these teams. Westview almost capitalized on the rematch with Dyersburg this year. It will be a fun region to watch.

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

Same, but honestly don't know why I am. Hope it works work.

That's what I mean as well. Perfect opportunity to "go big" and try to get a splash hire, but as we all know, going back to my youth HC has made two hires in house for football...baseball the same...and I don't know (haven't followed) basketball as much, but suspect that's pretty well been kept in the "family" too. 

Kind of get the feeling that maybe only some titles have been reassigned, and the pecking order remains the same.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

That's what I mean as well. Perfect opportunity to "go big" and try to get a splash hire, but as we all know, going back to my youth HC has made two hires in house for football...baseball the same...and I don't know (haven't followed) basketball as much, but suspect that's pretty well been kept in the "family" too. 

Kind of get the feeling that maybe only some titles have been reassigned, and the pecking order remains the same.

I just believe they were in a position to not have to settle for mediocrity. Just my opinion. But I hope he does a great job.

On 2/5/2024 at 9:44 AM, Allthetalk said:

Dyersburg had a lot of seniors this year, but they always reload. Coach Stowe and company always do a great job.  Covington is going to be loaded this year and lost vey little to graduation, their sophomore class is loaded as well. I don't see Covington taking a step back for a while. Covington also had Westview's number in McConnell's previous stint as well as 3 out of the 4 years of Ty Simpson's high school career. Ripley was pretty young as well and didn't lose much, they will have a larger senior class this year as well. I believe Westview will be good, but to say that these teams won't have a say so would be in injustice. I think it is safe to say that these 4 teams will represent the region in the playoffs most years. I will also say that it will be a sweep in the playoffs and there will be a rematch for some of these teams. Westview almost capitalized on the rematch with Dyersburg this year. It will be a fun region to watch.

Westview seems to have folks who like to talk a lot about how good they are gonna be. What was it that Yoda said - “There is no try. Do or do not”?

As a Covington fan, I think that the Region 7-3A title will go thru Dyersburg and Covington for the foreseeable future. Aside from last year’s win at Covington over Westview, I can recall that Covington and Westview were last in the same region Ty Simpson’s sophomore and junior years. At our place  in 2019, Covington won 53-7. The following year, Covington shut out Westview in Martin by a score of 48-0. 

I know that past results are not indicators of future performance, but I recall that Westview fans were touting those two teams a lot, just like they seem to be doing now. But, y’all are welcome to continue doing that.

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Westview seems to have folks who like to talk a lot about how good they are gonna be. What was it that Yoda said - “There is no try. Do or do not”?

As a Covington fan, I think that the Region 7-3A title will go thru Dyersburg and Covington for the foreseeable future. Aside from last year’s win at Covington over Westview, I can recall that Covington and Westview were last in the same region Ty Simpson’s sophomore and junior years. At our place  in 2019, Covington won 53-7. The following year, Covington shut out Westview in Martin by a score of 48-0. 

I know that past results are not indicators of future performance, but I recall that Westview fans were touting those two teams a lot, just like they seem to be doing now. But, y’all are welcome to continue doing that.

Lots of truth here. Westview is like the Dallas Cowboys of TN HS football. Kids are kids, definitely not rooting against them. But the bandwagon fans & daddy ballers are gonna win championships every year. Forget Alcoa or East Nashville, if you can't even dominate your region, the title talk falls soft......       except in the center of the universe. And if you can't win in 3A, how exactly are 4A bosses gonna treat you? So, in another year Dyersburg & Covington will still have to battle each other for region supremacy while The View looks to head back to 2A. We've all seen this show before.

Or, just for conversation is Covington/Dyersburg making a move up to 4A or more? With the new Ford plant down there how will it affect those schools even though they aren't in Haywood County? Maybe Covington more so, being closer to the action? And, is this going to push Haywood to 5 or 6A? Or will they split with another new school? Maybe it's too early to tell? 

3 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Lots of truth here. Westview is like the Dallas Cowboys of TN HS football. Kids are kids, definitely not rooting against them. But the bandwagon fans & daddy ballers are gonna win championships every year.

Westview Chargers have a good coach now. Westview Chargers should return to their winning ways in the next few seasons. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Lexington Tigers have started interviews. Lexington Tigers better hire a good coach this time. If Lexington Tigers do not hire a good coach they will get mercy ruled more than 4 times in 2024. Lexington Tigers have a chance to hire some coaches that have won state championships in the last few years. They better do it. I guarantee it. Westview Chargers got a good coach already. Camden Lions will be getting a coach soon too. If Camden Lions do not get a good coach they will get worse than they have been. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

59 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Lots of truth here. Westview is like the Dallas Cowboys of TN HS football. Kids are kids, definitely not rooting against them. But the bandwagon fans & daddy ballers are gonna win championships every year. Forget Alcoa or East Nashville, if you can't even dominate your region, the title talk falls soft......       except in the center of the universe. And if you can't win in 3A, how exactly are 4A bosses gonna treat you? So, in another year Dyersburg & Covington will still have to battle each other for region supremacy while The View looks to head back to 2A. We've all seen this show before.

Or, just for conversation is Covington/Dyersburg making a move up to 4A or more? With the new Ford plant down there how will it affect those schools even though they aren't in Haywood County? Maybe Covington more so, being closer to the action? And, is this going to push Haywood to 5 or 6A? Or will they split with another new school? Maybe it's too early to tell? 

Regarding Blue Oval (the Ford plant), it is too soon to tell how Covington High will be affected. Stanton has a new RV park for construction workers. That’s Haywood county, so any kids there will go to Haywood. Truck production is scheduled to begin in 2025, so that’s when construction ends and permanent employees move in. 

I’m sure Tipton County will get some new folks, but Mason is the closest town to the plant in Tipton and it’s zoned for Brighton High. 

We will see how it shakes out in a couple of years.

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Regarding Blue Oval (the Ford plant), it is too soon to tell how Covington High will be affected. Stanton has a new RV park for construction workers. That’s Haywood county, so any kids there will go to Haywood. Truck production is scheduled to begin in 2025, so that’s when construction ends and permanent employees move in. 

I’m sure Tipton County will get some new folks, but Mason is the closest town to the plant in Tipton and it’s zoned for Brighton High. 

We will see how it shakes out in a couple of years.

'Gonna be bigger than that CHARGERFAN. Projected growth charts have even the outlying counties (Lake, Obion, Carroll, and even Weakly) with minimal growth due to the auto plant, and the core counties between 20% and 30% growth, with Haywood being affected most but not far ahead of Fayette, Tipton, and the rest. That's a huge overall population increase made up almost entirely of young working age people who are directly responsible for school enrollment. There's not much doubt that schools will have to be addressed, either by greatly increasing enrollment on current campuses, new facilities, or both. There's a good chance that by 2035 (end date of population study) classes, regions, and districts will all bear little resemblance to the way they are now.