West Tennessee Head Coaching Openings

1 hour ago, WestTennRaider said:

I agree, I can definitely see this happening! 

Westview Chargers are going to get a good coach. Coach Simpson will make sure of it. Watch and see. I guarantee Westview Chargers have a great coach. Westview Chargers want to get back to the days of mercy ruling some other teams. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

7 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Westview Chargers are going to get a good coach. Coach Simpson will make sure of it. Watch and see. I guarantee Westview Chargers have a great coach. Westview Chargers want to get back to the days of mercy ruling some other teams. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

McConnell is a good coach but pretty sure Westview has been down this road before and how did Camden work out for him?

On 1/25/2024 at 1:32 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Westview Chargers have had their eyes on a guy since before the other guy was relieved from his duties. Westview Chargers will be able to mercy rule some teams in 2024-2027. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

4 years is long commitment for a guy that lasted less then 12 months the last time he was in Martin and don’t say he will stay for the QB, he had one last time as well. Better hope for a favorable reclassification the next cycle, silver balls come pretty frequently for a lot of teams in that class. 

2 hours ago, DBoone said:

4 years is long commitment for a guy that lasted less then 12 months the last time he was in Martin and don’t say he will stay for the QB, he had one last time as well. Better hope for a favorable reclassification the next cycle, silver balls come pretty frequently for a lot of teams in that class. 

You don't leave the situation he had there last time unless there's some serious friction someplace. Rumor was that it was a control issue... it was only a rumor, and he chose to go back into the exact same scenario, so it may/may not have been true.

It will definitely be interesting to see how the next few years play out in Martin.

20 hours ago, SSHawks12 said:

He is staying with the school as the AD, just stepping away from coaching. 

I wonder why he didn’t just take the AD and still be the football coach. Seems like he’s doing a good job at HC. I’m amazed how they always got a nice QB/WR connection going on every year.

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I wonder why he didn’t just take the AD and still be the football coach. Seems like he’s doing a good job at HC. I’m amazed how they always got a nice QB/WR connection going on every year.

He was already AD. I'm just thinking he was just ready to quit coaching. IMO some coach is stepping into a great job.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:25 PM, tradertwo said:

You don't leave the situation he had there last time unless there's some serious friction someplace. Rumor was that it was a control issue... it was only a rumor, and he chose to go back into the exact same scenario, so it may/may not have been true.

It will definitely be interesting to see how the next few years play out in Martin.

He left last time because his hometown job came open and if I remember correctly his dad was sick and wanted him back home so he went. The man turned down a gold ball to be close to family. Can’t fault a guy for that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urmom1 said:

He left last time because his hometown job came open and if I remember correctly his dad was sick and wanted him back home so he went. The man turned down a gold ball to be close to family. Can’t fault a guy for that. 

Poppycock. You don't "turn down a gold ball" to go to your hometown, then leave your hometown this soon to go back and try to win a gold ball. 

I'm the last guy on here that will question his reasons (not my business & I don't care), but I'm not the guy to be condescending enough to let you wee wee down my back and tell me it's raining either. Just for the record, whatever anyone chooses to do for their personal reasons is beyond my criticism... I don't ever "fault" anyone for bettering themselves or their situation.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:25 PM, Primetime1 said:

Funny? Westview will hang 60 on Dresden next year! And probably the next 5 years. I have no clue what the SEC or Canton has to do with West Tenn football but I guarantee you this, the Region will go thru Martin for the next few years and you can take that to the bank!

I guess TDOT must have built a bypass around  Highway 51 big 3 straight to Martin.   I wonder if Dyersburg, Covington and Ripley got the memo? 

29 minutes ago, mg said:

I guess TDOT must have built a bypass around  Highway 51 big 3 straight to Martin.   I wonder if Dyersburg, Covington and Ripley got the memo? 

I mean... Westview already beat Ripley. They lost to Dyersburg by 2 or 3 points in the playoffs. I think Covington is only team to control Westview in their most recent matchup. I don't know if the region goes thru Martin in 2024 but it might in 2025. I'm sure it will in 26 and 27.  

• Like 1