Sumner County Stadiums risk not being completed before season starts

GWAVE1

According to the Director of Schools, because of a ruling by the state comptroller in Dec, you cannot use a co-op and thus the steel to build them will not be available this season.  They intend to have all games played at home as scheduled but with temporary bleachers again.   The stadiums that were affected have already been demolished.  

13 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

According to the Director of Schools, because of a ruling by the state comptroller in Dec, you cannot use a co-op and thus the steel to build them will not be available this season.  They intend to have all games played at home as scheduled but with temporary bleachers again.   The stadiums that were affected have already been demolished.  

There you go, ole needle dick the bug f####r always ruining the party for everyone, never fails.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:54 AM, GWAVE1 said:

Reading between the lines, it looks like your Administration assumed that things were as they were pre-covid and didn't bother checking supply chain issues. Henderson Co. was ready to move forward with the Lexington/Scotts Hill projects a year earlier, but getting material for bleacher construction was not possible for 13 months. Luckily we were aware of this before demolition of the old ones left us sitting on the ground.

18 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Reading between the lines, it looks like your Administration assumed that things were as they were pre-covid and didn't bother checking supply chain issues. Henderson Co. was ready to move forward with the Lexington/Scotts Hill projects a year earlier, but getting material for bleacher construction was not possible for 13 months. Luckily we were aware of this before demolition of the old ones left us sitting on the ground.

It has nothing to do with supply chain issues.  The BoE was going to use a Cooperative for fast tracking the stadium builds but the State Comptroller ruled against Williamson Co in Dec when they produced a finding on an audit.  

Honestly, it is pretty point blank on the T.C.A. Rules and why they were going this route seems like they were given bad information.  It has caused a huge distrust between the County Commission and the School Board only to get wider. 

17 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hopefully this a lesson for all school systems to actually take care of your facilities after they've been built

The amount of shoving this under the rug up here is ridiculous.  At least now they realize as do the tax payers how bad it was/is! 

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

It has nothing to do with supply chain issues.  The BoE was going to use a Cooperative for fast tracking the stadium builds but the State Comptroller ruled against Williamson Co in Dec when they produced a finding on an audit.  

Honestly, it is pretty point blank on the T.C.A. Rules and why they were going this route seems like they were given bad information.  It has caused a huge distrust between the County Commission and the School Board only to get wider. 

The fact the County Commission has almost veto rights on how the school board uses their money is beyond me!!! Monies can literally held up due to politics and not what's best for the kids!!! 

12 hours ago, Tonto10 said:

The fact the County Commission has almost veto rights on how the school board uses their money is beyond me!!! Monies can literally held up due to politics and not what's best for the kids!!! 

Ha! That's not at all uncommon... lots of Commissioners feel like the school system falls under their complete control, board, director, and all employees, and that their budget be subject to line item veto from them. Couldn't be more mistaken. Schools are funded by Federal, State, and County, and the Board Members are elected officials just as the Commissioners. Playing nice is always best, but sometimes lines have to be drawn in the sand to avoid confusion.

• Like 1