White County best team in AAA

UCSportsFan

13 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Reed is the only senior. Jones is a junior. The 3 guards are all sophomores. The freshman(Selby) will start next year.

The best should be to come from this group. A lot of talent. Hope this isn’t like the 90’s for WC. This should be a valuable experience for them. They need a tougher schedule to challenge them. Skill work for all, and quit reaching defensively so much. But much more upside to them than down. Will be interesting to see them in a year.

Edited by attila

1 hour ago, attila said:

The best should be to come from this group. A lot of talent. Hope this isn’t like the 90’s for WC. This should be a valuable experience for them. They need a tougher schedule to challenge them. Skill work for all, and quit reaching defensively so much. But much more upside to them than down. Will be interesting to see them in a year.

Their strength of schedule was 11th out of 85 aaa teams this season. Not that bad really.

Anyway, we should be very solid again next season for sure.

Edited by 85warrior
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MCbobcats said:

I was wondering the same thing 

A High school coaching job should not be a lifetime job. We have seen enough of Dodgen now he will never get to the glass house. jmho. Great guy great personality but step aside and let someone have the job that may find the full potential of the players. Now the potential state champs are sitting at home.

Stayed in foul trouble with our bigs all night . Both fouled out , playing limited minutes . Our team with freshman and sophmores played great in the 4th quarter. They made last second shot to win by 1 . Best team White Co has had in years . Haven't been to state in 27 years . I was proud of this team the way they played at the end . Tough loss . Only trouble i had with coach is that he spent too much time on the refs . Worry more about the game . Maryville has a good team , have to give them some credit .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, earlybird2706 said:

A High school coaching job should not be a lifetime job. We have seen enough of Dodgen now he will never get to the glass house. jmho. Great guy great personality but step aside and let someone have the job that may find the full potential of the players. Now the potential state champs are sitting at home.

I'll play devil's advocate. Who would you think they could hire that's better?

2 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Exactly. Who else beat Upperman by 26 AND beat them again on their own court this year? Dodgen....that's who.

Bingo. Kellie ain't coming home. And if you think a proven coach would be willing to come after the firing of a proven coach...well....

4 hours ago, summit said:

Stayed in foul trouble with our bigs all night . Both fouled out , playing limited minutes . Our team with freshman and sophmores played great in the 4th quarter. They made last second shot to win by 1 . Best team White Co has had in years . Haven't been to state in 27 years . I was proud of this team the way they played at the end . Tough loss . Only trouble i had with coach is that he spent too much time on the refs . Worry more about the game . Maryville has a good team , have to give them some credit .

It was Heritage. Heritage has always had good girls basketball there.

28 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Exactly. Who else beat Upperman by 26 AND beat them again on their own court this year? Dodgen....that's who.

It was more the players not dodgen. Heck i could have won a state championship with this team. Anybody could have!

26 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

It was more the players not dodgen. Heck i could have won a state championship with this team. Anybody could have!

Gracie Dodgen his daughter?? She had 126 3's in 2020 and beat out my neice by 3 three's for most in state.