State Tournament Pairings

25 minutes ago, Waker said:

This is true. There is and always will be East biased in any voting situation in the state. I live in the west and dont know anything about the top East TN teams other than what I read and the sports writers from one side of the state to the other doesn’t either. There is simply no reason to not broadcast it live for everyone to see. It’s not difficult at all to do. A small group doing anything behind closed doors when it is going to affect a large group is always going to raise eyebrows 

I agree with you. A live draw is the way to go. And it would benefit the Mustank fans to see it live since most can’t read to know what happens…

58 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

How about starting with favoritism, then add regional bias, sprinkle in a touch of corruption, and finish it off with a ton of media disparity and lack of familiarity from "voters". Any time that you involve human intervention, you invite corruption, politics, and unfairness. Odds are that a true blind draw doesn't put the two best teams in the championship game, but at least you know (could if broadcast) that it was not rigged.

Want to see it now...ask these very posters to be honest, don't copy others' poll, and seed the 2AA tournament in your next post. Guarente'd you'll get three or four different #1 vs. #2 polls. GC, GP, McMinn, York, Loretto... who is your #1?

Not directed at you maddams, just the logical place to say it.

This is absolutely on point. No way for TSSAA to seed the tournaments without introducing some type of bias. The blind draw is the fairest way to do it.

When I was a coach and we made the state tournament we went up to Murfreesboro for a blind draw. We went into this meeting room. We were all assigned a number on a ping pong ball. They spun it around a few times then started dropping balls out one at a time. Totally blind draw. The only exception was if two district teams made the state they had to be in opposite brackets. Fairest way to do it. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you. A live draw is the way to go. And it would benefit the Mustank fans to see it live since most can’t read to know what happens…

Shut up.

Even if this is funny.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

When I was a coach and we made the state tournament we went up to Murfreesboro for a blind draw. We went into this meeting room. We were all assigned a number on a ping pong ball. They spun it around a few times then started dropping balls out one at a time. Totally blind draw. The only exception was if two district teams made the state they had to be in opposite brackets. Fairest way to do it. 

Don't you think that is the way they are doing it now?? You think they wanted York and Westview last year and South Side and Upperman first round?? All four of these teams played in the championship game in 2022 and met first round in 2023?? I doubt that was there plan. 

Edited by pioneer42

A simple solution seems to be that each team plays someone from opposite side of state in first round.  Looks like that would take care of a lot of the issue.

Example

McMinn vs Huntingdon

York vs Gibson Co

GP vs Westview

Loretto vs Smith

At least don’t play same side of state first round.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Don't you think that is the way they are doing it now?? You think they wanted York and Westview last year and South Side and Upperman first round?? All four of these teams played in the championship game in 2022 and met first round in 2023?? I doubt that was there plan. 

You know I have no idea how they are doing it to be honest. I would assume it would be blind draw but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

You know I have no idea how they are doing it to be honest. I would assume it would be blind draw but who knows. 

You going to the Tournamnet this year?? I plan on being there tommorow around 2:00 or so.