Milan looking for a new Coach

On 3/16/2024 at 7:52 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I see spelling is not a strong suit in Huntingdung…

I tried hard to spell it. If you had as many concussions as I've had you would have a hard time also. When I played concussion protocol was if you could remember the plays you went back in!

On 3/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, west10EZ said:

He’s obviously older… most had him retiring before leaving Mckenzie , and probably retiring soon …SG has really taken a toll on the talent pool there but they still have the tradition… if they are patient there and give Comer time … it won’t be a quick turnaround… but it’ll be a turnaround in 4-5 years. 

He'll be gone in two years. Same as the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 3:49 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Why? Why would you leave everything that you have in McKenzie to go to.....Milan?

The nightmares of having to face South Pittsburg in the Championship game again were too much to handle. :roflol:Just kidding of course.

Edited by piratetom

On 3/27/2024 at 10:25 AM, piratetom said:

The nightmares of having to face South Pittsburg in the Championship game again were too much to handle. :roflol:Just kidding of course.

I am just glad he didn't go to Onion City!!!

Edited by rlh

Well well well, I’m hearing that all of Comer’s assistant coaches are staying in McKenzie now and won’t be going to Milan with him.  I also hear they were a huge part of Comers success.  Bet Milan isn’t happy about that.  Now all they get is Comer and his goofy son who causes him more problems than good.  Bet Comer might be somewhat second guessing his decision.   Milan isn’t the Milan of the 80s and 90s, those days are over.  Betting Comer will retire in 3 or 4 years after not being able to satisfy the Milan peoples.  Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, TheCountian said:

Well well well, I’m hearing that all of Comer’s assistant coaches are staying in McKenzie now and won’t be going to Milan with him.  I also hear they were a huge part of Comers success.  Bet Milan isn’t happy about that.  Now all they get is Comer and his goofy son who causes him more problems than good.  Bet Comer might be somewhat second guessing his decision.   Milan isn’t the Milan of the 80s and 90s, those days are over.  Betting Comer will retire in 3 or 4 years after not being able to satisfy the Milan peoples.  Just my opinion.

That would be good news for McKenzie if the coaches stayed. But look fella I know u are from Huntingdon and like to post stuff on McKenzie, but show some respect for Comer because the people of McKenzie surely do and wish him nothing but the best. Your post above is somewhat childish.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

That would be good news for McKenzie if the coaches stayed. But look fella I know u are from Huntingdon and like to post stuff on McKenzie, but show some respect for Comer because the people of McKenzie surely do and wish him nothing but the best. Your post above is somewhat childish.

Unless I miss my guess and he has said it somewhere on here, I don't believe TheCountian is from Huntingdon.  I actually think he is a McKenzie person. 

35 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Unless I miss my guess and he has said it somewhere on here, I don't believe TheCountian is from Huntingdon.  I actually think he is a McKenzie person. 

TheCountian replied to RedRebelman's topic in Class 1A & Class 2A

I don’t have a dog in the race. My Stangs are in 2A will win it all this year. I just know McKenzie put it to us. They are the real..

Thats just one of many where he states he is from HTown.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

I’m from the county, let’s just say that.  Maybe I was a bit harsh on my last message, I wasn’t meaning to come across that way.  Just don’t think it’s right what Comer did to those boys.  No problem with him leaving at all, but taking all the assistants also.  All I was stating was that I heard the coaches are staying now which is a good thing and that I bet comer is upset.  Sounds like you took it a little personal for some reason.  At the end of the day It doesn’t really matter about coaches honestly, when you got Surber and crew this year and then after he leaves you’ll have Arline that will dominate and will def be in Mr football talks.  They’ll have other good ones around him as well like the Melton kid.  

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

I kind of agree with him though, but not the Comer disrespect. Comer is an excellent head coach and has done a lot for the rebels, but I feel like its not going to be what Comer thinks its gonna be being at Milan, especially with new assistants surrounding him. He had it made at McKenzie, with an extremely talented group of boys this coming year. I believe I would have finished my career where I had the most success. But, money talks I suppose. Who knows, he may have those bulldawgs set straight within a year or 2. There is way too much discipline that needs to be spread around at Milan though. Wish him nothing but success, I just don't think it was the right move, but again he is the coach and I'm just someone typing words on a forum.