AA State Semifinals

3 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I will say this.  Everyone said going in that the quality of basketball in AA was great and yesterday didn’t disappoint.  Outside of Bradley central the next 3-4 best teams are in AA.   

And think about this. McMinn lost to Bradley by 1 in OT at home and by 12 at Bradley. 

I’m sure it’s been wished before … but man I wish TSSAA would let the ball continue and do a little 4 team champions bracket — that would be awesome!! 

now that we have 4 classifications — would be more money so never know! 

Edited by TheBasketballMind

17 minutes ago, TheBasketballMind said:

I’m sure it’s been wished before … but man I wish TSSAA would let the ball continue and do a little 4 team champions bracket — that would be awesome!! 

now that we have 4 classifications — would be more money so never know! 

I have definitely wished it before doubt it will ever happen but you never know. I don’t think it would be as interesting in boys sports

Edited by crow6424

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We have played them twice in the last two years, once this past summer. Hard to guard her man to man. McMinn Central couldn't guard her man to man and they can play defense. Will be interesting for sure. Westview done a great job guarding them the last two years. 

I know everyone has improved since.summer but what was the outcome in summer?? 

I'm pulling for the west to get by today!

16 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

I know everyone has improved since.summer but what was the outcome in summer?? 

I'm pulling for the west to get by today!

They had beaten us by 1 I believe and it might have went into overtime. 

19 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

If York shoots over 60% again, a zone will be the end of GC! I would go man and trap/double Beaty everytime she gets anywhere near the 3 point line. GC is definitely the more athletic team! Make someone else beat ya! She can get into the paint easier against a zone by just good ball movement. If Gibson Co can keep Beaty out of the paint area they will have a good chance to advance! I’ll take GC by 4, I still believe York is a year away from taking the gold ball back to Jamestown! 

The zone looked pretty good to me, Wilkins found a way! Reeves was huge for GC 

Proud of our girls. What a win. It was a grind but we finished it off. Loretto also with a big win. Big time atmosphere. Loretto and Gibson County will be another war for sure. Very thankful and blessed to be here for sure. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

The zone looked pretty good to me, Wilkins found a way! Reeves was huge for GC 

Luckily Beaty cooled off or that zone wasn’t working honestly lol idk what first half you watched. But she outscored the zone by herself. Honestly don’t know why Beaty stopped shooting as much?
I picked GC to win if you go back and look :D
I’ll put big money on York bringing the gold ball back to the UC next year barring a major injury to Beaty. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Luckily Beaty cooled off or that zone wasn’t working honestly lol idk what first half you watched. But she outscored the zone by herself. Honestly don’t know why Beaty stopped shooting as much?
I’ll put big money on York bringing the gold ball back to the UC next year barring a major injury to Beaty. 

If you call a team scoring 17 in a half not working I guess you are right…

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

The only problem GC had in the first half was scoring the ball.   York had 17 pts at the half.   Any coach will take that.    Say what you want, there’s not many better than Wilkins getting his team prepared and motivated.   This team will straight up get after you on defense.  Theres always next year for every team.  This this year all the money was on McMinn and GP.  We see how that turned out.  Itll

be a war today between GC and Loretto 

10 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

If you call a team scoring 17 in a half not working I guess you are right…

Your are acting like they shut her down, she got wherever and whatever she wanted the first like 20 game minutes, GC got lucky and York missed open shots!! the defense wasn’t really causing, most the shots were good and open because they were shading to Beatys side as they should have earlier! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22