AA State Semifinals

4 minutes ago, WestviewAlumni said:

I’m over here celebrating GC winning like WV won, now yall csnt win nomore til we get out 4th lol haha

Well, Mitch Wilkins may have something to say about that!!! lol! These are 2 great programs. I enjoy every time we play each other. They both represent West Tennessee girls basketball very well!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gcfan2 said:

Well, Mitch Wilkins may have something to say about that!!! lol! These are 2 great programs. I enjoy every time we play each other. They both represent West Tennessee girls basketball very well!

Yes two great programs.  Surely he is about to retire lol.  This would be a great way to go out.

Just now, 1983 said:

Yes two great programs.  Surely he is about to retire lol.  This would be a great way to go out.

You know, I've thought alot about that lately. I hope he doesn't, but with his son's coaching, I can see him relaxing watching them. Also, enjoying those grand babies!

1 hour ago, 1MustangFan said:

How’s that a not a foul on GC? Girl dove on the Loretto player and they say it’s tied up and give GC possession. That’s awful. 

Calls were missed both ways ! Didn't decide the game. The margin was 12 points!

Awesome job  Gibson County. 4th Gold Ball and coming back to the North-West. All of the Wilkins(s) are great coaches and will have their teams in the hunt. Tough programs, but moments like this make it worth it. Congrats to the Lady Mustangs on a great season. I wasn't crazy about all of the officiating up there, especially the guy who looks like a wavy-haired preacher. He made some calls that I didn't understand and some no calls that were obvious. 80% plus of the games I watched were officiated pretty well (it's a hard job). 

25 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Here come the excuses. 12 point margin my friend! That's not refs. That's one team that was not going to loose! Loretto has nothing to be ashamed of. It was a great game. Don't blame officiating. Two teams playing their hearts out! Congratulations Loretto and Gibson County for providing us fans with a great game!

Not making excuses at all I could care less who won. That was a great open field tackle no matter.  

I didn’t watch the game, just glad to see there hasn’t been a controversial call that changed a game throughout the tournament (correct me if I’m wrong). Just seen some chatter over social media about bench warnings. 
With that being said, my biggest knock on the officiating is their mechanics. The mechanics are too robotic, and they seem to be more worried about making sure their mechanics are crisp and clear, rather than getting the call right.

Congratulations to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers! It’s been a while since the last time they’ve won a title, and I’m proud to see what Coach Wilkins has done to those ladies! All of the Wilkins’ can coach, but they’re also seem to be doing a great job off the court! Safe travels back to Dyer!

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I didn’t watch the game, just glad to see there hasn’t been a controversial call that changed a game throughout the tournament (correct me if I’m wrong). Just seen some chatter over social media about bench warnings. 
With that being said, my biggest knock on the officiating is their mechanics. The mechanics are too robotic, and they seem to be more worried about making sure their mechanics are crisp and clear, rather than getting the call right.

Congratulations to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers! It’s been a while since the last time they’ve won a title, and I’m proud to see what Coach Wilkins has done to those ladies! All of the Wilkins’ can coach, but they’re also seem to be doing a great job off the court! Safe travels back to Dyer!

Thank you brother. We are blessed at Gibson County. 

I asked someone from GC last night if Wilkins would retire and they said rumor has it that he will stay to see the last Hart girl through. That would put him in his mid 70s. Whew. He is a superior coach. He knew how to use what each girl was best at to maximize it for wins. GC would not win that ball without each girl on that team. Hate #30 wasn't recognized by the state as well. But I'm sure she doesn't care with that Gold Ball in hand. Phenomenal job Gibson County! 

West TN really showed out this year!! 

40 minutes ago, wtnbballfan said:

I asked someone from GC last night if Wilkins would retire and they said rumor has it that he will stay to see the last Hart girl through. That would put him in his mid 70s. Whew. He is a superior coach. He knew how to use what each girl was best at to maximize it for wins. GC would not win that ball without each girl on that team. Hate #30 wasn't recognized by the state as well. But I'm sure she doesn't care with that Gold Ball in hand. Phenomenal job Gibson County! 

West TN really showed out this year!! 

Yes he can coach

i would be really surprised if he coaches 4 more years.

Since when does a player on a team that doesn’t get past the first round get put on all tournament team? A player with 26 points but 8 turnovers? You had others with 23 points and 22 points and 24 points that only had 1-2 turnovers and 8-9 rebounds that didn’t make it past the first round either. 

55 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Since when does a player on a team that doesn’t get past the first round get put on all tournament team? A player with 26 points but 8 turnovers? You had others with 23 points and 22 points and 24 points that only had 1-2 turnovers and 8-9 rebounds that didn’t make it past the first round either. 

I missed this one who made all tournament