Dyersburg vs Upperman

50 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Did they not have 3 senior starters 

Our main scorers are both sophomores. Gracie Butler and Taylor Delonte. One of our other better players was out for the season with an ACL. It’s Gracie Butler’s twin sister. We have former Mrs basketballs Brooklyn Crouch coming up soon with a loaded Jr High. We will be very good the 5 years at least.

37 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Does anybody have any clue on why there was a technical foul on Dyersburg? It occurred late in the game, and it was on a player. I was watching the game on TV and struggled to figure it out.

Heard she said that was 5 seconds then he gave her a T that’s when they was setting the record for most fouls called in 2 minutes lol

19 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Heard she said that was 5 seconds then he gave her a T that’s when they was setting the record for most fouls called in 2 minutes lol

Literally four fouls called against Dburg between the 3:09-3:01 mark of Q3.

And for anyone unaware of the student that received the T, she is arguable the most soft spoken player in our part of the state. Solid manners, great family. The type of person that when the T was announced it was assumed that the official gave the wrong number.

But then again, this was one of the more power tripping state tournaments in memory. So many bench warnings. And I will forever defend Brent McNeal for the way he was treated in the Quarters. 

Edited by tennesseeannouncer
Typo

On 3/10/2024 at 1:18 AM, tennesseeannouncer said:

A couple of quick comments...

1) The Lady Trojans were hammered by food poisoning. Four players and two coaches were sick. To pull this one off under the circumstances was unbelievable.

2) As I left the arena the Upperman bus was on the lot near the gathering of Dyersburg fans. When the Lady Trojans exited the Murphy Center, Upperman cheered and blew their bus horns in celebration of the first state title for Dyersburg. I mentioned earlier that I stayed in the Upperman team hotel this week. I have so much respect for your coach, staff, and student athletes. They were incredible ambassadors for your school and community. 

Lost more of THIS! Awesomeness! Congrats to both teams, and thanks for being great sports, Upperman.