Chattanooga Prep

39 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

What kind of school is this?  A new private school that has not been put in DII yet or is it a new charter school that can bring in kids all across a large metropolitan area . How long has this school been around? 

it is an all boys public charter...

Edited by WestTNHoopsFan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

What kind of school is this?  A new private school that has not been put in DII yet or is it a new charter school that can bring in kids all across a large metropolitan area . How long has this school been around? 

The latter and 2018. Any concerns are obviously warranted

yeah its a charter school. there has been other discussion in another thread. basically the school started. they hired a "basketball trainer" to be the head coach and his twin to be the assistant. their first year of high school ball they made substate with 8th and 9th graders. they lost. now they are in the state tournament the past two years. the "basketball trainer" started the year, but a quick google search of his name will let you figure out why he aint the coach anymore. now his twin brother is the coach. so yeah. they can basically recruit all over the metro area and form their all star team with public education money. 

57 minutes ago, Onetownguy said:

yeah its a charter school. there has been other discussion in another thread. basically the school started. they hired a "basketball trainer" to be the head coach and his twin to be the assistant. their first year of high school ball they made substate with 8th and 9th graders. they lost. now they are in the state tournament the past two years. the "basketball trainer" started the year, but a quick google search of his name will let you figure out why he aint the coach anymore. now his twin brother is the coach. so yeah. they can basically recruit all over the metro area and form their all star team with public education money. 

wow

The " coach" is a heck of a trainer though like he trains some of the best in the country can't take that away from him.  Let them tell it these kids have never been recruited since they played with each other since the 6th grade. I take nothing away from the kids they are talented no doubt, but the fact is they were still recruited, and it is an all-boys school is wild. They are literally allowed to host recruiting events throughout the city red flag?  Charter schools should be moved to the private sector or bumped up in classification either 3A or 4A. If TSSAA continues to allow this then public schools at that level will never have an opportunity because they cannot yes you guessed, they cannot recruit.