FINAL SUMMARY: 1A

WesVLT

First of all, I did'nt bring this up. I only proved what he said to be wrong. Hardly any rural public schools ever have any black atheletes. Now I might be crazy but the private schools we played this year and last did have black athletes at the skill positions. I might be crazy again, but arn't most private schools predominately white? I think most of the black kids at these private schools play sports, and I am glad they get the opportunity, Cloudland is taking applications now for any who want to move up here. We won't even charge them enrollment. Have any of you people got TV's at home? Check out the first bowl game that comes along and see who's on the field. If theirs more white guys out there my TV is fouling up. A little quiz. Who is the best three football players to ever play at Ezell? Look no further then Davis, Blackburn and Owens. Get the point. Also, while we are on the subject, I don't won't anyone to think that I am bad mouthing these players. I am glad they got the opportunity to play, and have a chance at a successful football career. The thing that I don't like is the means in which the private schools acquire these players. They say they don't but they do, and it is obvious. I know they came in the seventh grade, and you'll couldn't tell anything about their athletic ability at such a young age. Guess who went undefeated in flag football league the year that Mark Byrd and Dakota Benfield played? We did, boy we knew they were good from day one. Shoot up here we can spot talent in kindergarten. My wife has a race and ethnicity class in college, and they talk about this stuff all the time. She said that when you ask those black athletes if they think they are better they just grin, because they know they are. Like I said, we would love to have some black families move into the area, talk about a great football team. At present we don't have but about two or three black kids that attend our school. This is the norm for most small rural schools. We do have one black athlete coming up, he's about eight, can't wait til he gets to highschool, he is good now. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh geez, get over this please.

No one is denying the fact that black people are very good in sports...but talent won't win you the gold ball, you have to have coaching.

Pujo you seem to think you will lose before you even begin.

If the school is private...then they will be unstoppable, except for the Lighthouse Christians of the world or now even Clarksville Academy's but they don't count cus they are exceptions.

Or if a school has some african americans on the team, then they must be faster then anyone else.

Who had the better athletes in the Maryville/ Hillsboro game? Who had the better coach? Which team won?

Thank you.

You never go into a game thinking you are going to lose. We have beat teams with several black atheletes and yes we have beat private schools. You are not going to win the state unless you have both ,talent and good coaching,one or the other won't get it done. I will say this, I don't think these better private schools would have as many black students if it were not for sports.

Pujo,

It might be a good idea to leave some of your thoughts off the boards. There is absolutely no upside to your racial comments...none whatsoever.

You can say things privately, and they may a different meaning when you post them.

And anyone who responds to the racial comments are perpetuating a bad discussion.

[Edited by StanTrott on 12-21-02 8:18A]

Vol gen brought this mess up and I am only responding to the posts directed at me. I don't mind if a mod wants to delete it all. Nothing bad intended,I just don't trust private schools in general. I believe they intentionally distort the truth. I am not in the least prejudise. God made us all.

I asked you this in another thread and got no response, maybe you didn't see it but... you say you don't trust private schools in general, my question is why? Did you attend one such school? Have you spent much time in or around one? Also, if privates didnt have sports, you say, African Americans wouldnt be there...I agree, but if Cloudland didnt have sports do you think Mark Byrd would be there? Of course not. If a school didnt have sports kids who enjoy athletics would find somewhere else to go.

I don't know anything about private schools except all the reading I've done on here. I have come to realize that most of the people on here (not all) who support these schools try to conceal the truth, tell half truths, and in my opinion thats like telling a half lie. A half lie is just as bad as a full one. For example,this is one of the favorite ones,alot of the kids have been here since the early grades,when in reality the better atheletes came alot later. Here is another one that I got a kick out of. I asked how much some of the coaches at the better private made.This is the responce I got. Divison 1 private coaches gets 2.64 an hour.I checked the school or coach in question and the salary came to 76.000 a year. I have learned in my lifetime that if someone will lie ,they will cheat,just plain dishonest. Dodging the truth and only telling half the story is not a very good way of gaining trust. If I were the only one with this distrust, it would'nt be any bid deal. But thats not the case. ;)

Pujo,

Tell us how you really feel.

I don't care if you really think that, your opinion of private school kids, parents, teachers, coaches, and supporters is drawn from a website. That is like drawing comparisons about another culture unlike your own, by reading books. I'm not going to use adjectives to describe public schools cus I know that NO PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE THE SAME. NOT EVEN MOST OF THEM ARE THE SAME. You said most private schools not all but most will tell half truths which is the same as lying. I can't believe I just read that statement.

Pujo, name one incident that you can prove with facts that kids didn't attend the school of choice when they were younger. Prove CPA's athletes weren't there, or Ezell's, or any school that claims that. I doubt seriously that you can. Its easy to accuse without evidence- Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are quite good at that. All you have said is that private schools are lying and telling half-truths, yet, all you can provide as proof of your claims is opinion. I think your problem is a lack of evidence. You show me a thread with a certain school saying "These kids have gone here forever, and then you show me tangible proof that they haven't or that they were recruited (you know, I hear that there are some really good first graders out there- I guessthe privates better get 'em now!), and I will believe you. Everyone attacked CPA for that same reason. There was a newspaper story done on that in the Review-Appeal in Franklin. Guess what, Pujo... The news story featured the kids in question- and they had been enrolled at CPA for a long time. Although I bet your counter argument to that is that the news paper writer must have paid by CPA to write those half-truths. The problem is, in Tennessee, there are a lot of people that read these posts and say, "Man, those kids haven't been going there all the time" after reading your posts, and then they convince others, and so on until everyone belives it- but the problem remains that there was ZERO evidence to base those claims on. Zero. None. Zip. No evidence whatsoever. Like I said, if you have proof post it, or say that you don't know the real facts. I'm afraid you're wrong on this one Pujo.