What do you think of Maryville?

center68

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNBELIEVABLE !!! another thread started by some classless, jealous person about MARYVILLE . the first 7 posts were from non-MARYVILLE fans !! then you guys say your tired of hearing about MARYVILLE . i also think it's pathetic that a so called "un-biased" moderator , who should be a little bit above these other posters who are just here to sling mud , thinks he has to join in on trying to badmouth a classy program . you bozos start these anti -MARYVILLE posts , then act amazed when a MARYVILLE fan takes up for their school . EGO , i realize your probably just some young kid and don't know any better , but MARYVILLE has played BRENTWOOD ACADEMY twice . funny thing was , unlike your prediction of a sure victory from your cherished , unbeatable private school , WE WON !!! i'm sure a classy guy like coach-t expects more from his moderators than jumping on the bandwagon with a bunch of jealous , bitter ,crybabies trying to slander a prestigous winning school that has as much pride and tradition as any other school in this state . so to all of you guys who hate MARYVILLE , you just keep on hating . at MARYVILLE we don't believe in this whiny , crybaby attitude that you MARYVILLE haters exhibit. whenever we lose , we believe in shaking the other mans hand , congratulating them on a well fought victory , then going back to the drawing board to figure out how to get better the next time . we will get beat again sooner or later , (to the delight of all you haters ), and when we do ,WE MARYVILLE FANS WILL NOT GET ON HERE AND WHINE AND CRY ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!! btw snagglepus , you showed your intelligence by not having a clue about STARS sarcasm . i shouldn't be surprised that you don't have a clue by the content of your previous posts !

[Edited by pepvol on 2-13-03 9:16A]

Tell us how you really feel pepvol? Great post! It is amazing how many people pile on if you win.

I bet anspa and MikeBleedsBlue heard a lot of crap when Cleveland was killing people from 93-95.I know I wasn't piling on. I respected them teams. I was in awe of that 93 team which i think is the best i ever seen. I kept up with that team all year long. I was kidded at work about MHS losing 70-28 to Cleveland that year. I told them that team would beat any team I have seen. I never seen team speed like that. I had to go see them play Brentwood Academy in the 4A title game. I have a brother who live in Franklin. He watched several Brentwood Academy games that year. He told me how awesome Brentwood was. He said Brentwood would whip Cleveland. I told him that Brentwood has never seen speed like they are getting ready to see. That was the greatest game i have watched.

I don't get jealous when other teams do well. I know Maryville is not going to win the title every year. When AE beat us in 86 I rooted for them to win state. When Alcoa went in 89 and 2000 i rooted for them. I rooted for Cleveland when they went. I rooted for Halls in 96 and Central in 99.I rooted for Greenback and Jeff County in 87.If Morristown West,Cleveland,Central or some other eastern team in 4a goes to the Blue Cross Bowl i will root for them

I just said Maryville had a great tradition, great coach, great players, and GREAT fans...And I am not a Maryville supporter...tell me how much more unbias you can be than that.

I'm not going to lay down and kiss Maryville shoes...all I did was tell the facts. They are a great program, but they have an advantage. This thread says

"What do you think of Maryville" don't be mad when people put what they think.

Maryville will just reload next year. They have an excellent Jr. class and a pretty good Sr. class. Their soph class is the weakest they have had in several years but their upcoming freshman class is loaded. Those who think that Maryville will be easy pickings next year have another thing coming. Maryville is and will continue to be the class of the region and there doesn't seem to be an end of that in sight.

Now the issue about Maryville taking transfers. Yes they do. Maryville had several key players on their team last year that transfered in from other school zones. Would Maryville have been as dominant without these players and won 3 straight state championships maybe maybe not. The fact is that they do have an advantage over other schools they compete against because they are able to take transfers. Does this mean they recruit? I don't know. Another school in the region who is able to take transfers is Central. They have at least 12 transfers on their roster. Does this give them a competitive advantage over Powell, Carter, West, or any other school in the region who can't take transfer? It most certainly does. It doesn't matter if a school recruits (although Central does), has a great tradition, etc... they still have an advantage that other schools don't have if they are able to accept transfers from other school zones. The problem is with the system. A systemm that allows some schools to accept transfers while others cannot. The system makes recruiting easy for those schools that are allowed to take transfers if they are inclined to do so. I previously posted the recruiting rule from the TSSAA handbook. The rule states that recruiting takes place when a student is influenced to attend a school for athletic purposes. So if a coach, parent, player, etc contacts a student athlete and makes an effort to influence him or her to attend a school that is recruiting. So when a parent of a player contacts a student through his connection with his parents at work and makes an effort to influence the student that is recruiting. When a player or student from a school calls a student from another school zone and makes an effort to influence to attend a school that is recruiting. So don't be so sure you school is not recruiting. Just because the coaches aren't making direct contact doesn't mean recruiting is not taking place. This problem could be solved if all school zones were open and parents/students could go to school where they would like. Now back to the original point. What do I think of Maryville. I think Maryville will continue to be the class of the Region. Why; because they are well coached, they have good facilities, they work hard, they have good athletes, and great community support. Does the fact that they can take transfers help. It certainly does.

Let me set the record straight. I have never said anything terribly bad against Maryville. I did say I did not like them and I hope they lose every game. I did say that they talk a lot of trash and acted classless at times. That is not bashing Maryville. Rebelron just posted a message that said Maryville does not win with great athletes they when with great coaching and great work ethic. That is what I have been saying all along and you say that I am bashing Maryville. I have repeatedly complimented and praised their coaching staff. I did not even know that Maryville was opened zoned. Someone posted that every district in the state had these privileges. That is not true at all. In Cleveland you cannot go to either Bradley, Cleveland, or Walker Valley. In Williamson you have to go to the school that you are zoned unless a school offers something that the student wants to take. For example; Franklin offers autobody. So the question is does Maryville have an unfair advantage. Well I would say yes if they get the best players from Blount County. Is this Illegal? No because of how the District has it set up. Maryville does have an advantage over other teams. But there is nothing that can be done. Also the person that said he could field just as good a team with a school of 1000 as a school of 2000. That is just plain dumb. You would not have as many athletes to coose from and no where near the depth. But I want to say it again...... I do respect Maryville football. It is incredible that a group of kids can stay motivated to have a run like they have had. Much respect and credit to their staff, players, and fans. I wish We had that kind of support.

i wonder what school you pull for ego and i just wonder what you would do if snagglepus and billygoat trashed your school like they do MARYVILLE on a daily basis ?????? if you read this crap that they put out surely you see they're just on here to slander MARYVILLE anyway possible . i wonder just how short your leash would be on clowns like this attacking your school . it's very obvious to several of us MARYVILLE posters you care little about MARYVILLE , and hey that's your right , but your position of authority on this board ought to hold you to a little higher standard than these other guys who are obviously just here for one purpose , and that is to slander , ridicule, discredit and agitate anything MARYVILLE .

[Edited by pepvol on 2-13-03 11:15A]

Man, I really do get tired of talking about this subject, but it seems more and more people are bringing it up. I finally have come to the conclusion that all these guys are right and maryville does rule. They are the mecca of high school football in e. Tennessee and we all should bow down to them. They do absolutely nothing wrong. Just because they take tuition students doesn't give them an unfair advantage, so, in the words of my maryville friends, "yuns need to quit hatin!"

By the way, Stars, Rebel, and all the other maryville athletic supporters who keep emailing me, please stop! For the last time, I don't have any kids who are blue chippers who would want to transfer to Maryville as tuition students.

Thanks c.r./cneagles/cowboys, I have not ever bashed W.B., Cleveland, Franklin, or Page.

Fellow Rebels after we stop taking tuition students, let's get a slush fund started to move kids into Maryville from other areas. We can "make" all the money we need. We all know that won't be hard, since goat says we all live on axles anyway.

Snagglepussy at times when we play KFL teams on the road, we play with 13. But you will have blame that on the KFL officials.

EGO do you suggest we have maybe 20 or more classifications, so nobody won't have an advantage? Just think a whole week of Blue Cross Bowls, running 24 hours a day. I'm sure the restaurants and motels of Rutherford County would support that.

Finally for ######, goat, EGO etc., will you guys be pulling for Iraq since they're going to be at a "disadvantage"? Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 2-13-03 11:50A]

I think maryville is one of the finest programs in the state of Tennessee. I also think if they were in 5A they would dominate,but they could not beat De LaSalle. It is hard to imagine them being that good. Yes the Maryville program has been the best in the state over the past 7 or 8 years. De Lasalle has not lost in even longer. No team in America could have beat that team last year.

Your exactly right...

All schools that have open zones should be in D2.

Lipscomb, Goodpasture, all the D1 privates...and then the Memphis schools that take kids like Melrose, White Station, Germantown, Cordova, Houston, etc. Put them in there with BA and the Super 7 and then the remaining D2 schools and you have a heck of a conference in all sports.

It's funny how you guys try and say things about me...yet then two people right after me post messages that agree with me. Just because I am a moderator does not mean that I can't have opinions. I did not write anything that was belligerant and I did not wish any team or person ill will. I can have preferences. The fact that not many people can name my favorite school despite me writing nearly 1600 posts proves that I am unbias and annonymous. If billygoat or anyone else gets out of line and thrashes Maryville then the thread gets locked. If the Maryville supporters get out of line then the thread gets locked. If someone got on here today and said that Maryville has no kids on the football team outside their zones...and they never had or never will and were able to document their data...I would not have a problem with Maryville at all. The problem is, Maryville has an advantage over other schools and if this situation was reversed, you all would probably be crying foul.