BEST FOOTBALL MOVIE EVER...

smally02

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was no more than a mere lad, my dad took me to see a movie called the Bear. It was playing in the movie theatre about a year after the legend Paul "Bear" Bryant past away. It had to be the best movie ever made. It put the junction boys movie to shame. I don't remember what happened, but the family or the school refused to let them let it come out on video. If you remember this movie tell me what you thought about it. IT WAS GREAT!!!!

:D:D:D

I remember the movie. I was just a little boy when I saw it. IT was great!!

My favorite of all time is Remember the Titans. As a football coach, I think it shows best what we are trying to do and what football can mean to a community.

[Edited by CoachDG on 3-4-03 8:47A]

I would have to agree with earlier posts that Remember The Titans is by far the best movie ever. Rudy comes in a close second. My third favorite is All the Right Moves. Fourth is The Program, followed by Brian's Song, Waterboy, The Best of Times starring Kurt Russell and Robin Williams, Varsity Blues, The Longest Yard, North Dallas Forty, The Replacements, Any Given Sunday, Knute Rockne.

I didn't like the program. It was pretty hokie( excuse the speliing of hokie if it is wrong). Rudy is by far the best. It shows us what we are all capable of. I liked varsity blues for the comedic value. Lets face it, even though not every team stages a mutiny, every one on every football team has made fun of their coach at least once.

the best movie to watch as a team before a game is either remember the titans or rudy hands down. we (franklin) watched it before the brentwood game 2 years ago and went out and played one of the best games in our history, then before lincoln county this year and various other times. it puts you in the mood to play. If you wanna see how high school guys like us behave varsity blues is the way to go- it's really similar to stuff we talk about at practice and shows the fun side of the game. The program is a real good glimpse of what goes on in college programs and since 1% of football players go to play in college it is unique in that aspect.