WHAT ARE THE BEST RIVALIES IN TN?

WarriorFan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89 Alcoa was good but Maryville's 98 team was better. Maryville's 98 team was one of the top teams I have seen.98 Maryville team would kill the Alcoa team on the line of scrimmage.

Both teams were very fortunate to go to the title game. In 98 Maryville pulls out a last minute victory over a great Elizabethon team that year.MHS scores on a 66 yd Toki to Cole Hammontree pass with a minute to go.

In 89 Alcoa was very lucky to beat Kingston. Kingston had the lead.Their quarterback threw a pass in the end zone to #33 on 4th down and he drops it. That would have secured a win for Kingston. Alcoa marches the ball downfield,On 4th down Kevin Jackson is about to get sacked by Future Vol Kevin Mayes and Jackson lofts a ball to Billy Williams who is triple covered and he comes down with it.Alcoa goes on to score and wins the game.

There is probably no bigger rivalry than between Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood, Whites Creek, and Stratford. It seems as if no one from any of these schools likes each other. Any time any of them plays each other in any sport, there is going to be some serious bad blood between the teams, coaches, fans, etc.

The top three rivalries in my opinion are Rockwood-Harriman,Alcoa-Maryville,Marion Co.-S.Pittsburg. I have had the privilege of seeing at least one game in each of these rivalries and they are all great rivalries, but the best individual game I ever saw was the 2000 Alcoa-Maryville game. It was a great ballgame. The Rockwood-Harriman game of 1984 was a good ballgame too. Just to let you know I have been around a while.