Boyd-Ezell-Goodpasture

sportsguy1

I've heard people say " the best team didn't win today ". Baloney. The best team ALWAYS wins. There has never been a single exception in the history of the game. All one game decides is who is best that game. Who has the best pitcher doesn't decide it, who has the best hitters or fielders doesn't decide it. It's decided by who has more runs at the end of the game. I believe Goodpasture has the best team in A this year and maybe in the state. I believe they had the best team in A last year over the entire season, but on the day they got put out last year they were not the best team on the field that day. Ezell may well be the second most talented team in the state this year over all, but on the day they got put out they weren't the best team on the field.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now seen Boyd play twice, so I can make a few statements about them compared to Goodpasture.

Boyd is a good team. They are better than us. I have no problem saying that. Boyd is not as good as Goodpasture. Boyd plays a lot like the Chattanooga Mustangs 18u summer team. They are not really the prettiest team to watch, but they are scrappy and they get the job done, which is the exact opposite of Goodpasture who is fundamental. Boyd did have several hits off of Danielle in both games. A few were pretty, but some looked lucky. I mean I would take them, but they weren't really the prettiest things ever. Sarah Warren is a great Drop-Ball pitcher. She threw 2 great games. She is fun to watch and a great person. Overall, I think the best team Def. won. Boyd deserves to be second. Both were good games. ;)

BBS and Goodpasture -- two excellent teams. No doubt that Goodpasture is better. If I am not mistaken, they beat each of the other champs that had been decided earlier last evening (Baylor and Soddy). BBS lost to Soddy and beat Baylor twice. I guess that puts the Lady Bucs in pretty good company!

Congratulations to Goodpasture! They are a super team. Probably the best team in the state in any classification. Pieroni (of Goodpasture) is everything she is cracked up to be. Sarah Warren (of BBS) is not very far behind her either!

I agree with SuperSteve and Ezellsoftball. Goodpasture is the best team in any classification in Tennessee this year. They not only beat Soddy-Daisy, but they beat the team that beat Soddy in the Worth Tournament. Talk is cheap (which Soddy has a lot of), but my vote goes to Goodpasture as the #1 team in Tennessee. :lol:

mr wizard, i think your comments about soddy are uncalled for. number one why dont you congratulate them for a good season and a state championship. second off if you want to compare records when can do that all day long. soddy daisy 6 losses. 2 to pisgah 3 time state champs alabama. yes and you did beat them in that tourney but you also lost to hartselle which soddy beat 5-1. soddy's other losses 2 decatur, al, one to baylor which came on at the end of the year, and one to goodpasture which i was at the game watched personally and could have gone either way. Good pastures losses, 2 to beech which soddy beat in soddy tourney, 1 to east central mississippi, 1 to hoover alabama which soddy also beat, and 1 to hartselle. and one tie with greenbrier another state champ team. in the last six games of season soddy gave up no runs. goodpasture gave up 2. all in all seems like soddy has a little room to talk. sounds like two great teams to me. lastly congrats to all state champion teams. especially soddy and goodpasture which i met some of the coaches personally at the soddy tournment. very nice people congrats on a great season and good luck next year to all. later

cobrakid8 - You are right, I think most of what these goodpasture people say is uncalled for. I was at the state tournament and was very impressed with both Soddy AND Goodpasture. They are both awesome teams and they are both State Champs, and it should be left at that. However, after being around the Goodpasture fans I must say that I will never root for them again. I am not speaking about all of their fans, but they have several of them who are just plain obnoxious. I know I was not the only one present that thought so, too. It is just too bad when adults can't behave themselves over a game.

I am not going to go into who is better or whatever, but only two of the Goodpasture fans have the potential to get out of hand. If they do they are usually immediatly told to cool it by the GP coaches. There a lot of teams with fans that are worse. They win so they are confident and it pisses people off.

Edited by mynameis

Old Raider, None of the people saying anything on this thread are Goodpasture people. For the most part our fans are pretty humble. We had a good year and so did all the other champions. This day and age any given team can win this thing. We were an error, a hit, or a pass ball away from not being there this year when we played Richland in the substate. Brittany Johnson could have easily scored from third in the eighth inning. We do have a few fans that get a little out of hand most teams do but it doesn't last long. Never judge a team by thier fans it is not fair to the girls. Look at the players actions as a reflection of the team and I guarentee Goodpasture players are very humble. Saw you at the games, thanks for the support of all teams.

Edited by std

I was not refering to GoodPasture's confident fans, and I was not refering to GP's fans as a whole at all. I am all about having confidence, and sometimes sometimes even being cocky about your team. I totally understand that. I was just saying that as an unbiased softball fan watching the games at the State Tournament, my experience of several of the Goodpasture fans was not a good one. I was just there watching good softball and would complement a good play when I saw one, regardless of the team. However, when the play happened to go against Goodpasture, one lady in particular was very ugly simply because I was not "pulling for GP". And several different negative instances just put a bad taste in my mouth.

I am not in anyway trying to put down GP...they deserve all the congrats in the world...they are a great team. I just think there are some fans that need to come down a notch or two.

I think Goodpasture was obviously the best team (overall) in Class A this year. Boyd had a very good team as well. Nobody can doubt the program that Ezell has. I was glad to see EzellSoftball's comment (very classy and honest). In my opinion Goodpasture is the best team in the state this year regardless of classification. And i have freinds associated with both Soddy, Boyd, and Baylor. I would love to see Goodpature and Soddy play over and over and over. I would pay money every time to see those games.

USJ played Goodpasture and BB at state. Lost to GP 1-0 and BB 3-0. I would say both are almost equal especially in pitching. Neither team could really hit our pitcher-BB capitalized on some errors and then got a ball down the line in the corner. Both pitchers held our team equally well. We finished third in the state and were proud of it especially with 8th graders starting at catcher, 1st, short and RF.