My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

To clarify, the teams I mentioned were what I thought would be the top teams in the regions this year. Riverdale and Brentwood will challenge Oakland and Franklin respectively for the title and truth be known, they are still on top until somebody beats them. So don't accuse me of already counting out these teams before the season has even started. I still think that Franklin, Beech, Lincoln Co., and Oakland will win their regions, but that remains to be seen. As to Franklin's situation, the QB has the talent, but not the experience as of yet. I think his biggest challenge as a QB will be the Lincoln Co. game. He will enter it having only really played in one varsity game in the past. Of course the Oakland game will be huge, but at least he'll have a little experience by then. As for RB, Franklin has one that is actually much better than last year's. Truth is, he probably should have started last year, but that's just my opinion. Finally, to finish up this long-winded post, the TE position is being worked around with the personnel they have. I'm not going to give away Franklin's strategy, but I think they have it worked out.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson County is sounding tougher and tougher as the season approaches. To start setting the stage for the big Riverdale-Jeff Co. matchup I offer a couple facts:

Jeff Co lost four games during 2002 in a region where only 3 teams had records over .500. Two of those were to those lucky stiffs from D-B.

Riverdale has lost four games in the last three years while competing in the states toughest region. However, Riverdale was lucky to win most of those games.

Based on these facts, I'm going to maintain that Riverdale still has a slight chance should those teams actually meet in the playoffs.

i dont see how jpats can sit back and say that they will kill riverdale/oakland/blackman/whoever. They say riverdale was lucky to contain DB's speed. Who's to say it was luck? even if it was, every team has some luck. Besides, i would say that Oakland/Blackman(dont know about this years team)/Riverdale have had tremendous team speed in the years past...and i know oakland has tremendous team speed this year. I dont know if you know him jpats, but Carlos Crawford is a beast. he rushed for over 100 yards in every game accept 2. He almost had 200 rushing yards in several games, and would have if coach euverard hadn't taken him out and put in some younger guys. Bottom line is, Oakland blackman and riverdale have proven themselves in recent years. the past 2 years, THE ONLY TEAM TO KNOCK OUT OAKLAND OR BLACKMAN OF THE PLAYOFFS IS RIVERDALE. You dont know what its like to play football in middle tennessee...the level of competition is so much higher.

Jpats, i did watch the game. DB scored ZERO touchdowns. That tells me that whenever a player from DB got in the open field, a Riverdale player chased him down. team SPEED. Riverdale has it. The WR from DB was very talented and pretty fast, but even when he caught the ball in stride, he did not take it all the way. Riverdale caught even him. Team SPEED. Riverdale has it. Final score Riverdale 14 DB 9 . That's all that matters. How did Jeff Co. do against DB? That's what I thought.

And don't get too puffed up about how many starters return - Riverdale had to replace something like 17 starters last year from the undefeated 2001 team. All they were able to do was make it back to the title game. Not bad for a team with only 5 starters returning.

Jpats, i did watch the game. DB scored ZERO touchdowns. That tells me that whenever a player from DB got in the open field, a Riverdale player chased him down. team SPEED. Riverdale has it. The WR from DB was very talented and pretty fast, but even when he caught the ball in stride, he did not take it all the way. Riverdale caught even him. Team SPEED. Riverdale has it. Final score Riverdale 14 DB 9 . That's all that matters. How did Jeff Co. do against DB? That's what I thought.

And don't get too puffed up about how many starters return - Riverdale had to replace something like 17 starters last year from the undefeated 2001 team. All they were able to do was make it back to the title game. Not bad for a team with only 5 starters returning.

uh, how many top college prospects does riverdale have listed in "football time in tenn" this yr? uh, 0. how many does jeff have? 2. jennings, rb & lb, gains nearly 1000 yds rushing, 200 passing, makes over 100 tackles, and has 3 or 4 ints for tds, houston, rb & db, gains over 900 rushing, 200 passing, and makes over 50 tackles, not sure about how many ints he made. these two players are jeff's tops, and they are better than any two of riverdale's best. oh, they will be looking for you in week 13 in dandridge. BE THERE!

Guest Oakland

well last jpats last time i checked jeff co doesnt have a player in the nfl, riverdale has fernando bryant, and since when does the amount of college prospects have priority over championships?

you're right Oakland. I bet Jpats would get all fired up if Jeff County is ranked highly in the preseason. We all know none of that matters. Football is a team game, and if you don't believe it Jpats, put your two supposed studs on the field by themselves against our 11 nobodies.

If Jeff County makes it to the semifinals, ya'll will be making all kinds of noise, and rightfully so. Our guys just see the semifinals as the game to win to make it back to the Blue Cross Bowl. The season is not complete unless the Warriors are playing in December. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving for three years. That's because the Warriors are always still playing then.

If we don't make it that far, everyone all over the state will say "Riverdale is done, they aren't what they used to be" If Jeff County does, no one outside Jeff County will even care. Not to take away what an accomplishment that would be, but Riverdale will get more press in defeat than Jeff. county will by winning it all. Tradition - that's the difference.

I'm much more concerned about the Oakland Patriots. Now, THEY scare me.

Hey jpats, u realize that the major reason those 2 jeff county kids are in that stupid magazine is b/c the coach filled out he prospect card. most coaches dont have the time to. You tell me what having a name in that book means, what i gets u. NOTHING, its just that, a name in a book. I know for sure that oakland has some big time college prospects. how do i know? b/c i have been in the field house when recruiters were there. I have seen what schools have requested film on more than a few players. I have 2 points here. the first and most importat, FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT, nd the 2nd, just b/c u dont have a name in a book dont mean that you dont have any stars, or outstanding players. (Carlos crawford from oakland- 1200+ yards rushin last year, had a 100 yard game every week accpt 2..and a few where it was almost 200, and played devense, and every special team team. he was on the field everysnap.)

Hey jpats, u realize that the major reason those 2 jeff county kids are in that stupid magazine is b/c the coach filled out he prospect card. most coaches dont have the time to. You tell me what having a name in that book means, what i gets u. NOTHING, its just that, a name in a book. I know for sure that oakland has some big time college prospects. how do i know? b/c i have been in the field house when recruiters were there. I have seen what schools have requested film on more than a few players. I have 2 points here. the first and most importat, FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT, nd the 2nd, just b/c u dont have a name in a book dont mean that you dont have any stars, or outstanding players. (Carlos crawford from oakland- 1200+ yards rushin last year, had a 100 yard game every week accpt 2..and a few where it was almost 200, and played devense, and every special team team. he was on the field everysnap.)

dude, you need to check your sources before you go insulting jeff's stars. for your info jeff jennings has already committed to vandy (the same school where the almighty alvin duke played). as for houston, he is also highly recurited by many division I schools. as for insulting a fine magazine like "football time in tenn", in the past they have listed many boro prospects; however, i guess there isn't any to mention this yr. oh, that just makes you so mad--the fact that east tn football just might be stronger this yr. oh, and what happened to the mighty tribe in 96? jeff co showed the tribe how a couple of skill players can dismantle a powerhouse like riverdale (#34, #1, #44, and #22). remember those numbers. as for this yr, jeff will field a far better team than the 96 squad. they have more speed, talent, and depth.